Luke Fickell to Wisconsin

Nolaeer

Nov 24, 2012
The idea of CMC leaving ISU for Cincinnati is bazar to me. That would be a step down of the first order.

dont forget Tuberville left Texas tech for cinn. and that was when they were a group of 5 school. Brain kelley coached there as well.

MC is an east coast guy, and the state of ohio has a lot of recruits.
Doubt MC would leave after a bad year, but cinn. wouldnt necessarily be a step down. They were in the college football playoff last year.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
dont forget Tuberville left Texas tech for cinn. and that was when they were a group of 5 school. Brain kelley coached there as well.

Doubt MC would leave after a bad year, but cinn. wouldnt necessarily be a step down. They were in the college football playoff last year.
Dantonio was also a cinci coach. They are the definition of a stepping stone school for coaches. Fickel is just the latest in a long line of people that find success and jump to a bigger program. They are a fine addition to the big 12 but they will be a bottom feeder not competing for anything on the regular.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Lol ole Pine box Tubberville was told to gtfo.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Are the same idiots that were glad to see Purdy go the same idiots that don’t care if CMC leaves? I am honestly curious, but don’t care to do the research.
One really good thing about this season, nobody can ever ***** about Brock Purdy anymore, or how his arm wasn't good enough. He was so damn good he covered up for all this mess we saw this year.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
You seem to be enjoying this quite a bit. Congratulations.
Enjoy it?

I absolutely hate it.

I want CMC to succeed.

I want the Matt Campbell back from 2017 and 2018.

I want to play to win, not try not to lose.

I've just seen enough over the years that once you recognize that the guy that made the problem isn't going to be able to fix the problem, you have to face reality.

When CMC said last year winning the conference wasn't the goal, that was it. You cannot enter the season top 10 and then claim that you didn't have the goal of winning the conference. I don't care if that was coach speak or whatever, that was absolutely pathetic and insulting to the fans.

Is Manning fired yet? Because if he isn't replaced there is absolutely no hope for next season being any better.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
One really good thing about this season, nobody can ever ***** about Brock Purdy anymore, or how his arm wasn't good enough. He was so damn good he covered up for all this mess we saw this year.
Brock Purdy did an exceptional job behind a porous offensive line, and being hindered with subpar QB coaching and playcalling.

Reactions: aauummm

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
We won one conference game this year. One.

We just got boatraced.

Our offense is worse than year 1 with CPR's leftovers.

We still can't run hurry-up or manage timeouts.

We don't self-scout effectively.

Our style of play is boring and predictable.

Our offensive players regressed this year.

We didn't change anything and just kept trying the same plays.

The excuses are old and insulting.

Won't be improved?

How could we get worse?
You are seriously a troll or the doohiest poster ever.
Please find a new act.

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa

Thanks Tom

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Enjoy it?

I absolutely hate it.

I want CMC to succeed.

I've just seen enough over the years that once you recognize that the guy that made the problem isn't going to be able to fix the problem, you have to face reality.

When CMC said last year winning the conference wasn't the goal, that was it. You cannot enter the season top 10 and then claim that you didn't have the goal of winning the conference. I don't care if that was coach speak or whatever, that was absolutely pathetic and insulting to the fans.

Is Manning fired yet? Because if he isn't replaced there is absolutely no hope for next season being any better.
The guy that's been calling him St. Matthew and MAC Matty for weeks wants him to succeed? That seems like an odd way to verbalize support.

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
Enjoy it?

I absolutely hate it.

I want CMC to succeed.

Then stop going to games.
Stop supporting the program.
If you donate, (which I doubt) stop. Email Jamie. He does respond and ***** to him.
Stop coming on here and being the **** you are.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Enjoy it?

I absolutely hate it.

I want CMC to succeed.

You obviously don't understand coach speak.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Enjoy it?

I absolutely hate it.

I want CMC to succeed.

ISU’s recruiting has never been higher then it is now under CMC. Yes last season would have been a let down but a lot of that letdown was due to expectations set during a covid season which is a pretty big outlier. This year has been bad but outside of TCU but most losses were very competitive and the league is about to get a whole lot eaiser. Replacing CMC as the Big12 is about to add 4 very beatable teams is a mistake. Just two years ago people were calling for harbaughs job and now he has made back to back playoffs. Non blue blood programs have down years and their is no guarantee that a coaching switch wouldn’t make ISU worse, just look at the ******** that is Nebraska as exhibit A for that.