Luke Fickell to Wisconsin

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I do think this is a good hire for the Badgers. Will be interesting to see if anyone can get up to the Ohio State and Michigan Tier. If I had to guess, Nebraska and Wisconsin will get better and be in the Penn State and Michigan State tier. Fickell and Rhule are good coaches. I feel like Big10 football is getting better (yes the West was brutal at times but I am talking about the trajectory). Purdue is solid, Fleck has the Gophers respectable (they might be peaked if they can't figure out how to pass the ball though), Bielema has things going in the right direction at Illinois. Will be interesting when divisions finally go away. Iowa finding some success on the back half of the year might be bad for the long term prospects of the program. They aren't going to change and most of the rest of the Big10 is getting better.

Reactions: Cycho1

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
ISU’s recruiting has never been higher then it is now under CMC. Yes last season would have been a let down but a lot of that letdown was due to expectations set during a covid season which is a pretty big outlier. This year has been bad but outside of TCU but most losses were very competitive and the league is about to get a whole lot eaiser. Replacing CMC as the Big12 is about to add 4 very beatable teams is a mistake. Just two years ago people were calling for harbaughs job and now he has made back to back playoffs. Non blue blood programs have down years and their is no guarantee that a coaching switch wouldn’t make ISU worse, just look at the ******** that is Nebraska as exhibit A for that.
Keeping games close and losing is still losing.

Other teams have figured CampbellBall out and now play us accordingly, with better talent.

Rivals Rankings for conference by stars: 2023 7th, 2022 7th, 2021 9th

If CMC doesn't drastically change personnel, it is only a matter of time.

His defenders here with their excuses and remembrances are making that less likely.

If he thinks he can keep his bestie, he will.

And then, well, get ready for more false starts, 4 yard crossing routes, 10 yard kick returns, and no punt return yardage.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I do think this is a good hire for the Badgers. Will be interesting to see if anyone can get up to the Ohio State and Michigan Tier. If I had to guess, Nebraska and Wisconsin will get better and be in the Penn State and Michigan State tier. Fickell and Rhule are good coaches. I feel like Big10 football is getting better (yes the West was brutal at times but I am talking about the trajectory). Purdue is solid, Fleck has the Gophers respectable (they might be peaked if they can't figure out how to pass the ball though), Bielema has things going in the right direction at Illinois. Will be interesting when divisions finally go away. Iowa finding some success on the back half of the year might be bad for the long term prospects of the program. They aren't going to change and most of the rest of the Big10 is getting better.
Bielema at Illinois is what is really going to hurt Iowa. They get a lot of difference making recruits from Illinois.

Sleeping giant of a program.

I see a resurgent Nebraska and Wisconsin as a huge threat to Iowa and ISU, sadly.

cyballrulz93

SuperFanatic
Jan 11, 2010
You are seriously a troll or the doohiest poster ever.
Please find a new act.
Enjoy it?

I absolutely hate it.

I want CMC to succeed.

I want the Matt Campbell back from 2017 and 2018.

I want to play to win, not try not to lose.

I've just seen enough over the years that once you recognize that the guy that made the problem isn't going to be able to fix the problem, you have to face reality.

When CMC said last year winning the conference wasn't the goal, that was it. You cannot enter the season top 10 and then claim that you didn't have the goal of winning the conference. I don't care if that was coach speak or whatever, that was absolutely pathetic and insulting to the fans.

Is Manning fired yet? Because if he isn't replaced there is absolutely no hope for next season being any better.
You've been spewing the same crap over and over and over for two straight weeks. Any chance you could just take a break and go away for a while?

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Keeping games close and losing is still losing.

Other teams have figured CampbellBall out and now play us accordingly, with better talent.

Rivals Rankings for conference by stars: 2023 7th, 2022 7th, 2021 9th

If CMC doesn't drastically change personnel, it is only a matter of time.

His defenders here with their excuses and remembrances are making that less likely.

If he thinks he can keep his bestie, he will.

And then, well, get ready for more false starts, 4 yard crossing routes, 10 yard kick returns, and no punt return yardage.
So he is ranked 7th in stars. You’re losing OUT, congrats you’re now ranked 5th. You’re also 4th in the Big12 in recruiting for 2023 (assuming cinci drops) no one else outside of TCU is bringing in much better talent. You don’t want a coach that fires everyone after 1/2 down seasons because a coach that fickle isn’t one that is going to stay at ISU the way you want. Out of curiosity what exactly are your year to year expectations for ISU and are they remotely realistic? Like I expect Michigan to be competing for a playoff spot most years while (I hope) sparty will be every couple years in a 12 team playoff

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
So he is ranked 7th in stars. You’re losing OUT, congrats you’re now ranked 5th. You’re also 4th in the Big12 in recruiting for 2023 (assuming cinci drops) no one else outside of TCU is bringing in much better talent. You don’t want a coach that fires everyone after 1/2 down seasons because a coach that fickle isn’t one that is going to stay at ISU the way you want. Out of curiosity what exactly are your year to year expectations for ISU and are they remotely realistic? Like I expect Michigan to be competing for a playoff spot most years while (I hope) sparty will be every couple years in a 12 team playoff

You’re wasting your time reasoning with St. Joefrog the King of Negativity as well as his jester clonedude.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
PTI...ISU fans expect FGs to be made and to not run three straight line plunges with 2nd and 1 inside the 5 yard line. That is it in a nutshell. This was a season of games lost due to situational issues like those two examples. ISU was favored in more Big Xii games than they were underdogs, and they finished 1-8 in the conference. NOT GOOD. ISU fans are not expecting "TOO MUCH". It's not the 4-8 so much as how and why ISU finished 4-8 with the #1 defense in the Big Xii and #8 in CFB and a Biletnikoff semi-finalist receiver. At least, that's my onion.

Last edited:

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Bielema at Illinois is what is really going to hurt Iowa. They get a lot of difference making recruits from Illinois.

I see a resurgent Nebraska and Wisconsin as a huge threat to Iowa and ISU, sadly.

Nebraska more so than Wisconsin. I feel we would compete with Nebraska more often for recruits than we do with Wisconsin. I really wish our program could take advantage of the weakness in both the Iowa and Nebraska program so we can attract better recruits in the area. Iowa has a solid position in the state, and with Ferentz retirement on the horizon, we need to be the program high school coaches look to.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

Yeah....these big 10 zombies showing life is not good for us

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
PTI...ISU fans expect FGs to be made and to not run three straight line plunges with 2nd and 1 inside the 5 yard line. That is it in a nutshell. This was a season of games lost due to situational issues like those two examples. ISU was favored in more Big Xii games than they were underdogs, and they finished 1-8 in the conference. NOT GOOD. ISU fans are not expecting "TOO MUCH". It's not the 4-8 so much as how and why ISU finished 4-8 with the #1 defense in the Big Xii and #8 in CFB and a Biletnikoff semi-finalist receiver. At least, that's my onion.
I get that frustration. Trust me if I didn’t have Michigan to cheer for I would be losing my mind as sparty had a very similar year in many ways. However those 2nd and 1 plays work previous years because you have starting NFL talent at RB. Yeah a lot of close games were lost but those games being close all season shows how close you are to a much better record and more importantly that the team didn’t quit (TCU game maybe).

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Dantonio was also a cinci coach. They are the definition of a stepping stone school for coaches. Fickel is just the latest in a long line of people that find success and jump to a bigger program. They are a fine addition to the big 12 but they will be a bottom feeder not competing for anything on the regular.

Try playing 10 P5 games per year instead of 1-2. It’s light years different. Swap out the East Carolina’s, Tulsas, and USFs for Oklahoma States, K-States, and Baylors and we will see how legit they are.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm