*** Official IOWA STATE vs #4 TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

IFA Cyclone

Nov 20, 2021
You're joking but punts are only marginally better than turning it over.
That’s exactly right… it’s not like we have an all American punter right now with amazing stats. At this point in this game I hope we don’t see another K/P again. We are down big, last game of the year. At least go out fighting.

clonesorelse

Jan 22, 2011
Margins…blah blah blah….so close…blah blah….players formations plays….blah blah…fan base doesn’t love a kicker thst can’t make a kick….blah blah…I wonder what BS reason explains today?

• Winner
Reactions: SpringCreekCY

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I saw a high-school kicker in the Iowa 4A championship game who was driving 45-yarders right down the middle with a good 10 yards to spare in warm ups.

He kicks for the same high school Drake Nettles came from.

I’m starting to think it’s not the talent of the high schoolers that are brought in, but something that happens to them once they’re in this program.
Yeah but they get to kick off a tee. The Johnston kicker was drilling them in warm ups, sign him up.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
TCU definitely playing for style points for CFP, just to be safe. You wouldn't see all these passes and misdirection plays (since there's more than enough points to win comfortably).

After what happened in 2014, can't say I blame the strategy.
They hammered us in 2014 also, and when we were leaving the stadium, I turned to my sons and said, they might be the best team I have ever seen in person.
It was the committee that screwed TCU that year, they finished that year hammering #9 Ole Miss 42 to 3, only lost to Baylor by one point and still did not make the playoff. That team was good enough to win the whole deal.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
IF CMC was not stubborn, the entire offense would be fired tomorrow. But it will be the same staff next year.
I think Mouser and Scheelhaase can be kept, if for no reason but recruiting and keeping guys with some relationships with the players around.

But honestly I don't think it would be a bad idea to just bring in a whole new group with a different idea/philosophy on what the goal of offense is (scoring points mainly).

Someone lobotomize the phrase "complimentary football" out of Campbell's brain please.

Help Support Us

Become a patron