*** Official IOWA STATE vs #1 North Carolina Game(Day) Thread ***

Dowwmeow

Sep 24, 2022
If you didn’t want TJ to be our coach the first time around, that’s fine I’ll give you a pass. If you didn’t want TJ to be our coach the second time around, hide your head in shame.
A lot of us wanted TJ the first time, but Steve “come fly with me” Leath saw that it didn’t happen. I can’t tell you how glad I am that TJ is here now…and Leath isn’t.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
20221126_022822.jpg
The two second video of this is incredible. I can't post it from my phone because I'm old. It's right before Caleb's post game interview.

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
The non-conference hit list just 1.2 seasons into TJ's ISU coaching era:
North Carolina
Villanova
Wisconsin
LSU
Missouri
Iowa
Creighton
Oregon St
Xavier
Memphis

Teams we couldn't beat in non conf:
Miami, that's it.
Between Creighton, Xavier, Villanova, UConn, and St Johns TJ has a chance to take out every upper half Big East team in his first two years.

Reactions: NENick

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Lowkey one of my favorite things about this win is how salty KU fans are about it. The rest of the Big 12 was like "great win... Big 12 is going to be a meat grinder... etc." Meanwhile, KU fan was like "meaningless win over an overrated team... still a trash team... KU's gonna run away with the conference again..." - and then doubled down on it after they looked like dog **** against Tennessee.
I think Iowa State lives in that fanbase’s head to a pretty large extent. They won’t admit it, but ISU MMB is the in-conference rival they dread being competitive much more so than even KSU.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Lowkey one of my favorite things about this win is how salty KU fans are about it. The rest of the Big 12 was like "great win... Big 12 is going to be a meat grinder... etc." Meanwhile, KU fan was like "meaningless win over an overrated team... still a trash team... KU's gonna run away with the conference again..." - and then doubled down on it after they looked like dog **** against Tennessee.

KU fans were just reacting to seeing Roy again on TV. They get sad when they are again reminded that he never really loved them. He only had eyes for UNC.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think Iowa State lives in that fanbase’s head to a pretty large extent. They won’t admit it, but ISU MMB is the in-conference rival they dread being competitive much more so than even KSU.
I agree. And it makes very little sense why they are so insecure and butthurt about it. I hate KU as much as the next ISU fan but It’s not like they accomplished considerably more than ISU has.

WesRuby

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2014
I’m this has been touched, but does anyone know where I can watch the postgame with TJ? I know it’s on Varsity but having a hard time.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I’m this has been touched, but does anyone know where I can watch the postgame with TJ? I know it’s on Varsity but having a hard time.

If you go to On Demand though varsity, it’s about 3 hours 45 minutes into the broadcast, I’m listening to it now

Reactions: WesRuby

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I was watching some of the last few possessions for ISU and they're doing that big weave like they do and you can just see them screaming through that weave and North Carolina is just dogged. I love how TJ coaches.

Reactions: RezClone and NENick

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Last year that weave would sometimes lead to lazy passes getting picked off. So far this year the cuts are hard, passes so crisp. It was really sharp yesterday.
Ya watching Grill run with his hair on fire made me really see the method to TJ's madness. We will absolutely wear you out. It's not a question, just a matter of time.