Sark on the hot seat already?

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
They’ll keep him this year because of Arch Manning.
Longhorn fans are counting on Arch Manning to save their program.

I've also seen where Longhorn fans keep mentioning that the recruiting success as the reason to keep Sarkisian. They forget that Texas has always had a highly rated class, but it usually doesn't translate to wins. I understand that recruiting is important but they forget that you still have to develop and coach the players.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021

I've also seen where Longhorn fans keep mentioning that the recruiting success as the reason to keep Sarkisian. They forget that Texas has always had a highly rated class, but it usually doesn't translate to wins. I understand that recruiting is important but they forget that you still have to develop and coach the players.
Wonder if the administration fires Sark if and when they have a five win season and Manning flips his commitment.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Wonder if the administration fires Sark if and when they have a five win season and Manning flips his commitment.
Ole Miss is 4-0 and ranked #14. Dad and Grandpa went there. If they beat Kentucky it will be really tempting to re-open his recruitment.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I don't think Sark is on any kind of hot seat yet. If I had to guess, the players want to refocus after loosing to Texas Tech. I would think that the captains wanted to try and get the team to refocus after the media claimed they were back after keeping it close with Alabama.

If they continue to limp through the year, I could see some pressure next year for him to produce a 9 win record. Bottom line, when they enter the SEC, I think they want to make sure their program is on solid ground. If Sark doesn't get them to that point by the end of next year, then he'd be on the hot seat. If after year four he continue to be mediocre, they replace him and find someone else to coach them in their first season in the SEC.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Her4e3 are the Texas last 10 classes. LOL clearly recruiting isn't their problem. You could actually make an argument that Texas could use more classes in the 17-25 range that top 10. They would probably yield better results.

2021 15
2020 8
2019 3
2018 3
2017 25
2016 7
2015 10
2014 17
2013 17
2012 2