Sark on the hot seat already?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Losing seven of your last nine Big 12 games probably a good way to experience your monster buyout.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Texas suffers from Nebraska mentality. Just because they were at the top of the mountain many years ago, they believe they can take the escalator to the summit rather than having to make the long hard climb up.

Money is no object to them. They're determined to pay whatever price is necessary to ride the escalator, and they refuse to admit to themselves the escalator doesn't exist.
This. And they have players who were more likely consumed with their NIL deals this summer than actually putting together a quality team.

Worst culture in power 5 football. They're a collection of individuals each year posing as a team. Operative word is posing.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
They’ll keep him this year because of Arch Manning.
The problem is, they have been getting great recruits for years. They get there and fall apart. They ruin them with ego, and money.

So keeping a coach that continues that trend is not going to help them.

But then again, I hope they do, because their continued mediocracy, is great. When they are the highest earning, biggest brand, top 10 recruiting that cant win, it has been great.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I used to root for Texas to be good because a good Texas likely meant a strong Big 12. But now they went full “sEc SeC!” I live for the Texas meltdown and hope it continues every season. Nebraska is in the same category.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I’ve been trying to figure out why teams like Texas and Nebraska are no good despite having nearly every advantage imaginable. I think it comes down to booster and administration interference. I don’t think those coaches can really run the programs like they truly want to because many people are always chirping in their ear.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’ve been trying to figure out why teams like Texas and Nebraska are no good despite having nearly every advantage imaginable. I think it comes down to booster and administration interference. I don’t think those coaches can really run the programs like they truly want to because many people are always chirping in their ear.

What advantage does Nebraska have right now besides I'd guess big boosters?

Texas is definitely the head scratcher. But so is any school that can't get it together in the middle of recruiting hotbeds.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
What advantage does Nebraska have right now besides I'd guess big boosters?

Texas is definitely the head scratcher. But so is any school that can't get it together in the middle of recruiting hotbeds.

Nebraska less so but the still have tons of money, Dan support, it’s the only game in town, national title history, in one of the Top 2 conferences, and is still considered (although I’d argue it’s about 25% of what it was) somewhat a blue blood.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
He should probably lose his job just for this haircut.
View attachment 103776

Unicorn-MAN.jpg

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Texas has the worst culture in the Big 12, and their solution was to hire Steve Sarkisian. They could have hired a dozen other coaches that would have been better choices.

Should have never forced out Mack Brown. You know, the guy that actually won a National Championship and multiple Big 12 Titles.

Texas should be the easiest place to win in college football, but they can't figure it out and it's hilarious the watch.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

Yeah seems like the Jerry Jones affect happening....

The other big reason in my opinion is simply complacency. It's no secret Texas could do literally no recruiting trips and put very little effort in and still get a higher ranked class than ISU. They can get pretty much the top of the top talent.....but with that comes a lot of the "I'm just here as a stepping stone to the NFL" type mentality. Kids who have been told they got it made already.

Take that vs. the Iowa States and Kansas States of the world where you get a lot of guys hungry and looking to make a name for themselves. Guys who've had to work their whole life to get a small slice of recognition or to be noticed.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Texas has the worst culture in the Big 12, and their solution was to hire Steve Sarkisian. They could have hired a dozen other coaches that would have been better choices.

Should have never forced out Mack Brown. You know, the guy that actually won a National Championship and multiple Big 12 Titles.

Texas should be the easiest place to win in college football, but they can't figure it out and it's hilarious the watch.

Kind of like Nebraska with Bo Pelini. Say what you want about his character but he finished 6 out of his 7 season ranked and won 3 Big 12 north titles and 1 big 10 west title.

Reactions: isutrevman

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Kind of like Nebraska with Bo Pelini. Say what you want about his character but he finished 6 out of his 7 season ranked and won 3 Big 12 north titles and 1 big 10 west title.
but that isn't good enough for the rich and spoiled.

• Winner
Reactions: mj4cy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Mack was probably close to needing a change of scenery but you're spot on about their culture.

Reactions: StPaulCyclone