Meeting Tomorrow

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Makes sense - has Java mostly replaced C++ in ComSci? I seem to remember that MIS required both 201 & 207 (10 years ago.) 201 was COBOL, and I thought 207 was C++. Mr. T, IRRC.

And I don't claim to do any serious programming, but I am far more in-depth in my current job than I ever imagined! Wish I had grasped OOP a lot earlier...

Can we close this thread or get it back on topic? I keep thinking I'm going to get info only to find out more about COBOL and C++:skeptical:

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Makes sense - has Java mostly replaced C++ in ComSci? I seem to remember that MIS required both 201 & 207 (10 years ago.) 201 was COBOL, and I thought 207 was C++. Mr. T, IRRC.

I had Mrs. T for 207 and Mr. T for 208 in Fall '96/Spring '97, both C++.

EDIT: sorry 4429 mcc

CRLCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids
what do 3/4 of these responses have ANYTHING to do with the mtg held this AM? Am I missing something or are we just a bunch of ADD people trying hard to make sure NO ONE can learn anything about the topic of the msg. --- just wondering...:skeptical:

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
what do 3/4 of these responses have ANYTHING to do with the mtg held this AM? Am I missing something or are we just a bunch of ADD people trying hard to make sure NO ONE can learn anything about the topic of the msg. --- just wondering...:skeptical:

Yes, let's all get back to reading all of the wonderful insights that have been posted in the last 12 hours regarding this topic.

*crickets chirping*

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Yes, let's all get back to reading all of the wonderful insights that have been posted in the last 12 hours regarding this topic.

*crickets chirping*

How about just making another useless thread so I dont have to sort through C++ COBOL . Its pretty easy everyone and their brother does it on here!

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
We were supposed to have a new coach announced today and instead we lost a coach. If that isn't a microcosm of ISU's athletic fortunes, I don't know what is.

CRLCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids
We need 33 to get back here and restore order.

On what basis does 33 have knowledge?
This thread was started saying that we had our coaches wrapped up and being announced in a mtg.

I'm not slamming 33, I just don't understand the qualifications.
Otherwise, alot of people can sound like they know the answers, very few really do.

just wondering ---- i've probably missed this conversation.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
This thread was started saying that we had our coaches wrapped up and being announced in a mtg.

Otherwise, alot of people can sound like they know the answers, very few really do.

Well, considering time and time again he's provided information, he's a reliable source. He's the football guru of the board...

CRLCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Well, considering time and time again he's provided information, he's a reliable source. He's the football guru of the board...

I understand, just wondering on what basis he has this knowledge. Other than "he's the expert"
Apparently we don't have all of our coaches...

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA

Sorry but as and ex-player, he has some insight plus some contact with current people around the program still, plus the information that he has had has been dead on up till now.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I understand, just wonder on what basis he has this knowledge.
Apparently we don't have all of our coaches...

Does the basis matter? He tells us what he feels is alright to tell us and for that, a lot of those on this board (myself included) appreciate it.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I dont think anyone really knew that Price was leaving, plus 33 doesnt really break news, he might lead us a little bit to help.

CRLCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Does the basis matter? He tells us what he feels is alright to tell us and for that, a lot of those on this board (myself included) appreciate it.

guess i'm wrong, sorry... it doesn't matter. call me curious
my bad...

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Sorry but as and ex-player, he has some insight plus some contact with current people around the program still, plus the information that he has had has been dead on up till now.

I find it highly unlikely that he's a former player. More than likely just a friend or relative of someone who is a player or knows some players.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
New rule on this thread. Only responses in the correct COBOL or C++ format will be accepted.:jimlad: