Meeting Tomorrow

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cloneaholic

Apr 20, 2006
I must be the only one that doesn't think this Price thing is that big of deal...sure, he sounded like a good DL coach but we're not talking about open heart surgery here. Find another guy that can coach technique and motivate players..it's not like there aren't any good DL coaches available.

....and who has excellent recruiting connections. I think that's what hurts most about Price leaving, especially with the NLI signing day only a few weeks away. I'm very optimistic that PR is going to find an excellent person to fill his spot, but I'm guessing this bump in the road may hurt us in the recruiting area this year.

04clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2006
Terry Price just broke the record for shortest ISU coaching tenure in history previously held by DeMonte Cross.

I'm not sure who you're thinking of, but DeMontie Cross was at ISU from 2001-2005. He left for a promotion with the Buffalo Bills.

VanderHuge

Jan 6, 2009
North Liberty, IA
It's not so much the finding a new guy that concerns me. It's the fact that he came and then left immediately. What kind of image must we have around the country? It's like Chiz leaving so abruptly. I feel like we don't even get the common courtesy that should come from a professional.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
It's not so much the finding a new guy that concerns me. It's the fact that he came and then left immediately. What kind of image must we have around the country? It's like Chiz leaving so abruptly. I feel like we don't even get the common courtesy that should come from a professional.

Not like that hasn't happened to other higher profile schools with their HCs... Didn't Dana Altman do that? Others as well. Don't take it personally - the guy is an SEC guy, knows the lay of the land down there and quadrupled his salary. We love our school because its OUR school. Coaches look for paychecks.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I'm not sure who you're thinking of, but DeMontie Cross was at ISU from 2001-2005. He left for a promotion with the Buffalo Bills.

Ah hell, I don't remember who it was for sure then. It was a guy Mac hired, I think he stayed only a few days or a week and then took a job in the NFL or something.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I must be the only one that doesn't think this Price thing is that big of deal...sure, he sounded like a good DL coach but we're not talking about open heart surgery here. Find another guy that can coach technique and motivate players..it's not like there aren't any good DL coaches available.

It's not so much the coaching that will be missed as much as the recruiting. After Herman, Price was the biggest "get" by Rhoads.

Istate

Jul 15, 2008
It's not so much the coaching that will be missed as much as the recruiting. After Herman, Price was the biggest "get" by Rhoads.
I think more would argue that he was bigger than Herman when recruiting is considered. Herman seems to be a real up-and-comer, but our offense was humming along quite nicely so I don't know how much coaching up Herman needs to do. On the otherhand, I'd argue that our DL needs a little larger improvement especially when considering we lost talent form there...

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
On the otherhand, I'd argue that our DL needs a little larger improvement especially when considering we lost talent form there...

Nothing to argue about there. Price was only here a week or two. It wasn't like he had 10 recruits in his pocket two weeks prior to signing day.

I want a guy who's going to stick around. Yeah it's too bad, but him moving on really didn't do any damage. If we really want to recruit SEC territory, we hire another coach from that way.

Yeah we need help on Defense. Hard to believe we were one of the leaders in the Big 12 in that area not too long ago..

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Maybe Jon Miller knows what came down today? We have not heard from him lately since KC/KF possibilities has opened up. We know 33 has to work. Maybe some of the radio guys will have some insights about the DC. This has been starngely a long time in being announced not just for DC but for the S&C and two other coaches. Wheels must be turning.

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
Maybe Jon Miller knows what came down today? We have not heard from him lately since KC/KF possibilities has opened up. We know 33 has to work. Maybe some of the radio guys will have some insights about the DC. This has been starngely a long time in being announced not just for DC but for the S&C and two other coaches. Wheels must be turning.

Surely we have to hear the announcement soon to very soon. I mean this has taken forever! There's only a couple more weeks left until signing day. Let's get this staff assembled ASAP!

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Can we talk about FORTRAN? I think I have a FORTRAN 99 book in my basement somewhere just in case.

180px-OldeFortran.png

Help Support Us

Become a patron