Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It gets even better after post #115.
chrome_screenshot_1648609394175.png

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
That's about the most Hawkeye post I can think of. Completely wrong. Obstinate about it. And entirely out of touch.
I’m picturing him perched anxiously on his Naugahyde ottoman in front of his 1976 RCA Console TV/Stereo Combo waiting for the story to come on so he can fire back with “There! There you *******! I told you so!”

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Found this on the guy we were talking about earlier. Wonder if Iowa was late on him because they were 100% not mentioned with him before. No idea how credible the source is here either. If I had to guess where Iowa ranked here it would be only ahead of Washington. Not sure what Fran could do to beat out Tech, Arky, or Kentucky

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
That's what they want us to think.

Fast forward 7 months from now. Patrick has put on 20 pounds of muscle and spent all off season shooting 35' threes with Luka. Filip Rebraca puts up numbers like he did at North Dakota. Payton Sandfort gets adequate playing time and becomes a high volume 3 point scorer at 40+% and pushes for all big 10 consideration. Tony Perkins just takes over with his athleticism and develops a nice 3 point stroke to go with it.

I could see any of that happening aside from the Patrick part, which I hope comes across as funny as it sounded in my head.
WUT

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Found this on the guy we were talking about earlier. Wonder if Iowa was late on him because they were 100% not mentioned with him before. No idea how credible the source is here either. If I had to guess where Iowa ranked here it would be only ahead of Washington. Not sure what Fran could do to beat out Tech, Arky, or Kentucky

Not sure either, but it would involve some serious cash you would think. They're not gonna outbid Kentucky. Something tells me Mark Adams isn't afraid to hit below the belt in these situations either. If Kentucky really wants him, he's theirs imo. Let's hope so too. I'd rather see him at Iowa than Tech...I think.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Not sure either, but it would involve some serious cash you would think. They're not gonna outbid Kentucky. Something tells me Mark Adams isn't afraid to hit below the belt in these situations either. If Kentucky really wants him, he's theirs imo. Let's hope so too. I'd rather see him at Iowa than Tech...I think.
I would definitely rather see him at Iowa. Only play them once and Tech two or three times. Plus I don't think adding him alone moves the needle a ton for Iowa next year. They need to improve their guard play to actually have a realistic chance at doing anything in the postseason

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010

It never ceases to amaze me, the level of drama queens they have over there in IC. Between the helicopter psycho parents like Kenyon (see post above) and Garza, to the total tools the McCaffrey family are, to Jorbo, it's an absolute circus every year. Is it any surprise no transfer wants to go there?

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
I would definitely rather see him at Iowa. Only play them once and Tech two or three times. Plus I don't think adding him alone moves the needle a ton for Iowa next year. They need to improve their guard play to actually have a realistic chance at doing anything in the postseason
Yep, the B12 is already tough and we need TT to fade from the scene. That’s not a school that should be able to support an elite program anyway…and it makes it hard for us to be consistently in the top tier when they’re good. There’s only so many spots available. Same with K-State. I do not like the Tang hire because I think he’s going to be wildly successful and that hurts us quite a bit. We can afford for KU to be good and at this point we probably are stuck with Baylor until Drew is gone at least (wild), but everyone else is still kind of at the same level roughly and we don’t want to elevate any of those programs.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Rebraca is better than fans here give credit.
He put up good numbers a level down. It didn't seem to translate very well this year. He plays smaller than his listed size. Lost his 3 point shot and pretty bad defensively. Maybe he'll be better in year 2.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
He put up good numbers a level down. It didn't seem to translate very well this year. He plays smaller than his listed size. Lost his 3 point shot and pretty bad defensively. Maybe he'll be better in year 2.
I just thought he was a space filler on the court. Invisible. Their games I saw this year, he had zero impact.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

He can contribute something and the fans here act like he’s not a D1 player. Not ideal starter but great player for depth at that level.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
He can contribute something and the fans here act like he’s not a D1 player. Not ideal starter but great player for depth at that level.
Without checking I would assume his per 40 numbers are as good or better than Conditt and Jones. He is not the presence underneath that George is though, and probably worse defensively than both.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I just thought he was a space filler on the court. Invisible. Their games I saw this year, he had zero impact.
Same. The offense definitely didn't go through him the way you saw TJ do it with Conditt and Jones. Almost 6 rebounds is pretty solid. Not sure how he averaged 5 points per game as I don't think I saw him make a shot outside of 5 feet that wasn't a free throw.

To me he just doesn't really have the look of a P6 player. It is reminiscent of watching Jeff Beverly at ISU a few years ago. The guy was capable of producing a little, but was physically overmatched and exposed if he played too many minutes

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

It never ceases to amaze me, the level of drama queens they have over there in IC. Between the helicopter psycho parents like Kenyon (see post above) and Garza, to the total tools the McCaffrey family are, to Jorbo, it's an absolute circus every year. Is it any surprise no transfer wants to go there?
Kenyon might want to amend his statement to ankle, foul trouble, and Izaiah Brockington shut down Keegan so it's accurate

Reactions: exCYtable