Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I might be a hater but i dont see keegan doing well against athletic nba wings considering gk and IB locked his ass up
You really never know. Terrific college players have been duds. He has the body and athleticism and if he can shoot it well he will find a spot.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I might be a hater but i dont see keegan doing well against athletic nba wings considering gk and IB locked his ass up

Well, he won't be the focal point of a team, so he's never going to have a top defender on him and he's never going to get double teamed. Also, the NBA has freedom of movement. Nothing like the college game.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well, he won't be the focal point of a team, so he's never going to have a top defender on him and he's never going to get double teamed. Also, the NBA has freedom of movement. Nothing like the college game.
NBA is so much more physical though. Officiating is better but you don’t get bumps (outside of a few players).

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
You are 100% spot on.

Credit to him, Keegan grew into a college shot maker. I think he has work to do in order to become a NBA level shot maker. If you go back and look objectively, he rattled in most of his makes. NBA defense will disrupt you just enough to turn those into misses.

NBA makes just sound and look different. They barely move the net and make a more pure sound, even the swishes. That's why you don't see many NBA jumpshots rattle home as opposed to college if you sit down and watch closely. It doesn't get talked about enough.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Losing Toussaint will hurt more than people think. He brought a toughness that Iowa desperately needed. They are a soft team that doesn't play defense, and he did those things. Perkins is the only other one that really does.
Yeah that’s true. He was certainly a player you’d rather have on your team than play against.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
He was ranked above all 6 of our guys in the transfer market a year ago IIRC.
Not sure what all six you got last year but where would you rank him now compared to those six. Obviously Brockington was way better, but not sure about the rest.

• Dumb
Reactions: HoustonClone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not sure what all six you got last year but where would you rank him now compared to those six. Obviously Brockington was way better, but not sure about the rest.
Izaiah, Gabe, Grill, Jaz, Tristan and Jones.

Not a chance he’s better than Izaiah, Gabe or Grill. Tristan is a weird one so (maybe) him and I’d rather have Jones for our scheme. So out of the 7 including himself, I’d rate him 6 or 7.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
That wasn’t my point. There were some pretty good programs after him. I was actually surprised when Fran landed him.

• Informative
Reactions: iahawks

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
If I had to choose right now between the 6 we brought in and Rebraca, he would be in the 5-7 range, objectively.

1. Brockington
2. Kunc
3. Kalscheur
4. Grill
5. Robert Jones
6. Rebraca
7. Eneruna

Tristan has more talent than everyone but Brockington on this list but he hasn’t been able to put it all together. Bob Jones/Rebraca is a coin flip in my opinion. Bob can’t finish but plays D. Rebraca struggles defensively.