Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
At the top of the post editor is the ... icon. In that drop down is spoiler. You highlight what you want in the spoiler, hit that icon and create spoiler. Then it will have you put in text for the title of the spoiler.
OR, if you're doing it on your computer, same three dots to get to the spoiler function. It gives you the opportunity to name your spoiler (or not). Then it opens up to show spoiler and end spoiler in brackets. Place your cursor inbetween the middle brackets & type away,

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
OR, if you're doing it on your computer, same three dots to get to the spoiler function. It gives you the opportunity to name your spoiler (or not). Then it opens up to show spoiler and end spoiler in brackets. Place your cursor inbetween the middle brackets & type away,
Why do you always assume I am on CF on my phone? My eyes aren't that good.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Since you injured my daughter I told Doctor (thinks of history sounding name quickly) Britannica to spy on your class.

By the way, my daughter does not find it interesting that they are still using the same A.P. U.S. History book that I used in high school. I think that it makes her feel like a boomer.

I never even heard of AP History until teaching in grad school.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Speaking of driving...

Husband wasn't 3 blocks from our complex when a teenager pulled out from his left hand side into his lane. (Two lanes going each way, split by a median, husband was in the right lane) Didn't hit her, but had to ditch into a fairly solid snowbank to keep from doing so. Pulled off into a parking lot, I guess the car looks okay? (He left me a VM, and it cut off at the end) Husband's fairly unflappable, but even he had to take a moment to collect himself. He even thought about calling off from work. So here's hoping the car is okay.

It's always kind of surprising how a near miss (assuming the car & your SO is okay) like that can make people super jumpy and people that are rock steady a little

I'm still a little lane shy 9+ months after some guy merged into me on an LA freeway (no real damage). One of my roommates locked up and came within inches of a major accident in NY on a friday and flat out didn't drive for the rest of the weekend. I got home like 15 minutes after him and he was already halfway through his second beer and told me if we did anything that weekend I was driving (normally he drove).

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Not sure why wordle said I have a streak of 1. Guess I don’t understand the scoring system. I am stuck on 4.
59F726A5-7027-4190-9D04-49A98E0508AE.jpeg

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Nice surprise for us - granddaughter called & came over for pizza & a game night. While we were playing, we kind of watched the pxp of the game on my phone because the ESPN app was being pissy. Last couple of games we watched on TV they lost, so if anyone wants to thank us now for not hooking up to the TV, feel free. :D

Last edited:

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Four on Wordle this morning...very close to three...
ROAST - DOUBT - COUNT - MOUNT

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Mount

Still struggling with spoilers on phone Velo. Will post the screenshot late of my work. There is a pattern if you look hard. Patterns are my thing.

• Haha
Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Furnace guy finally makes it monday, should have been done after Christmas but aww well he's here. Turns out numbnut (old local guy who got work because he was local and related to everyone) managed to do other stupid stuff. Younger (late 30s) guy I hired and been doing this stuff for 15 years said he has never seen the size of exhausts that we have. So he has to order adaptors. Luckily he didn't get to the point of no return. So Tuesday parts will be here. Tuesday, the parts don't show on time, but come late at night. Wednesday he will show. Well and emergency install happens (furnace blows) and he goes there in the middle of the night. Will come Thursday. Get a text late last night, another emergency happening and he has to get that place up and going. I'm patiently waiting.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Furnace guy finally makes it monday, should have been done after Christmas but aww well he's here. Turns out numbnut (old local guy who got work because he was local and related to everyone) managed to do other stupid stuff. Younger (late 30s) guy I hired and been doing this stuff for 15 years said he has never seen the size of exhausts that we have. So he has to order adaptors. Luckily he didn't get to the point of no return. So Tuesday parts will be here. Tuesday, the parts don't show on time, but come late at night. Wednesday he will show. Well and emergency install happens (furnace blows) and he goes there in the middle of the night. Will come Thursday. Get a text late last night, another emergency happening and he has to get that place up and going. I'm patiently waiting.
Reading this on my phone I first thought it started with "finance guy" and I was really wondering where this was going. Then I realized you were talking about the furnace.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Mom drove the tractor at 12. Granted, that was 1959. I was driving the lawn mower at 12.

Speaking of driving...

Husband wasn't 3 blocks from our complex when a teenager pulled out from his left hand side into his lane. (Two lanes going each way, split by a median, husband was in the right lane) Didn't hit her, but had to ditch into a fairly solid snowbank to keep from doing so. Pulled off into a parking lot, I guess the car looks okay? (He left me a VM, and it cut off at the end) Husband's fairly unflappable, but even he had to take a moment to collect himself. He even thought about calling off from work. So here's hoping the car is okay.

And, Wordle in three again...

NEARS - CLAMP - WHACK
Impressive, considering how many letters you were working with.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
It's always kind of surprising how a near miss (assuming the car & your SO is okay) like that can make people super jumpy and people that are rock steady a little

I'm still a little lane shy 9+ months after some guy merged into me on an LA freeway (no real damage). One of my roommates locked up and came within inches of a major accident in NY on a friday and flat out didn't drive for the rest of the weekend. I got home like 15 minutes after him and he was already halfway through his second beer and told me if we did anything that weekend I was driving (normally he drove).
I usually watch a couple wreck videos on youtube before I leave work; just to get my mind right for the trip home. I try to pick out who the troublemaker is in the various crashes. As an aside, not only are Russians TERRIBLE drivers, they all have car cams.

• Agree
Reactions: SaraV

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Apparently I'm feeling a little negative today, although still got it in four. Think I need to listen to a couple of "7 Good Minutes" podcasts.

One good thing -- it took me way less time for this than most recently.

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 7.52.35 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.