vs. Miami - 66
@ Duke - 12
vs. Georgia Tech - 177
@ Virginia Tech - 41
@ Miami - 66
vs. Duke -12

vs. FSU - 57
@ Louisville - 109

I really don't think it's gonna happen dude lol.

• Agree
Reactions: dahliaclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Nah, they will be firmly in, the bubble is going to be incredibly weak this year. The ACC looks like a 2 bid league which is insane.
Yeah I didn't think of that. Iowa will get in unless they completely flop against the bad teams they play. I think their season could be predicated on the home game vs. Northwestern and @ Michigan.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Jordan being the only other true shooter on the team hurt him tremendously too. Keegan is obviously a solid shooter but he's not floating around the 3 point line because that's not his game. When Iowa has multiple shooters on the floor, like last year with CJ, JW and Jordan, now all of a sudden the defense has to account for three threats and must scramble when helping off on Garza. Jordan was able to get a lot of easy looks the last couple of years because of that.

Iowa's going to have a shooting problem again next year too and it'll probably even worse. Sandfort will be better but how much better is the question. Right now he doesn't belong on a P5 court. Then you have Ulis and Perkins who both aren't shooters. Chris Murray is effective from out there but next year he's going to have to play the Keegan role of being around the basket to clean up shots. Having him stand at the 3 point line would be dumb. And then Toussaint just isn't good from out there. So you have Josh Dix and Dasonte Bowen, both freshman who likely won't be ready.

Isn’t one of the twins supposed to be a lottery pick? One would think a player of that ability would draw extra defensive attention.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Isn’t one of the twins supposed to be a lottery pick? One would think a player of that ability would draw extra defensive attention.
Well he does to an extent, but there's no one else on the Iowa roster that's a true threat from the 3 point line other than Jordan. Kris Murray to an extent, but against good defensive teams he's struggled. So Keegan kicks it out and then what?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
We will revisit this if I'm right

Nobody is saying that it isn't possible, just that it's a long shot. For every good win opportunity they have, VA will have a bad loss opportunity so it can all offset.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
If Iowa gets a 6 seed the system is completely flawed lol. They have one single decent win.

The fact that Iowa is currently #25 in Net despite not having a single Q1 win shows that the formula is putting way too much weight into offensive efficiency. In all 4 of their Q4 losses Iowa basically got their lunch handed to them. Ironically offensive efficiency is what has held Iowa States ranking too low.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The fact that Iowa is currently #25 in Net despite not having a single Q1 win shows that the formula is putting way too much weight into offensive efficiency. In all 4 of their Q4 losses Iowa basically got their lunch handed to them. Ironically offensive efficiency is what has held Iowa States ranking too low.

So JorBo must be wide open to make it? Maybe guy with no defender sets a pick for him or something? Maybe wouldn’t work, he would have to move quickly handling the ball and that might be asking too much I guess.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
And for God sakes Jordan get the damn ball out of your hands when the shot clock is running down. Get it to Keegan or someone who can do something. I've watched damn near every Iowa game this year and there is at least 1 time per game he takes a terrible 3 with an expiring shot clock. Idk if he's trying to be the hero or if he no one else is calling for the ball or what. Figure it out lol
He sure as #### can't pass it to the Mac boys.

Mississippi Clone

Aug 6, 2016
I don't think Jordan will ever play competitive basketball after this year. He is really seeing how hard it is to get a clean look without Garza and Wieskamp demanding all the attention. When he does get a clean look, I think he is too anxious and then misses the few attempts he gets.
I agree, I think the importance of Garza to his success is under appreciated. I saw some discussion on JBo's woes this year on HR and people were trying to justify his playing time saying that having him on the court is still helpful because the other team has to guard him so it opens up the middle. That really didn't make sense, yes they have to guard him but it basically now shuts him down without Garza getting double or triple-teamed and other 3 point shooters to get him open looks. Maybe also the hips are bothering him or he is just in a slump but he shouldn't play nearly as much as he does. Offers little if he isn't hitting 3s (I know Captain Obvious). Be interesting to see if Fran cuts his time substantially, he should but it is Fran.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah their NET ranking is completely inflated. Iowa should realistically be in the 50's or 60's.

Nococy

Jan 10, 2021
Fort Collins Co
and we all know who the better team is this year after we spanked them so bad

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
and we all know who the better team is this year after we spanked them so bad
Well we are currently rated higher than them in the NET but it's not even about that. It's the fact that their resume is no better than most teams in the 40's, 50's and 60's yet they're 25 because of how the system is calculated. Compare them to say Creighton right? I'd say they're very similar and equal teams. Creighton is 50th and has 3 Q1 wins.