Where are the Iowa sunshine pumpers?

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
The reality is what Ferentz has has done has been amazing, some no namer from Maine, has withstood multiple scandals, even though I wonder if the latest scandal does him in, we will start seeing the effects soon, but he should get a ticker tape parade if he ever leaves. But Iowa fans wanting Brian gone, no thats not gonna happen, u either have Brian and Kirk or neither, but I half wonder if Brian is ready to teach these ungrateful brats a lesson.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
View attachment 92818 Hok fans will put this game behind them and spend the winter months cheering on the basketball team and showing up at games where the hoks aren’t playing to wear their old, unwashed Hok gear. Here’s a typical Hok fan at a recent drake game, arguing with a cop because he’s an entitled Hok.
Looks like a fine, upstanding member of society.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Do Hawkeye fans plan to make sure there is at least a couple of them at every ISU game? Like the WSU flag at gameday? I mean they are always there. I saw one before going into OUs stadium a couple weeks ago.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Do Hawkeye fans plan to make sure there is at least a couple of them at every ISU game? Like the WSU flag at gameday? I mean they are always there. I saw one before going into OUs stadium a couple weeks ago.

Word on the ISU v. Creighton thread was there was one at that game last night.

Your 10 win football team is in the B1G Title game and you need to spew your Hokness at a rival's basketball game?

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I do believe there is a natural ceiling on both Iowa and ISU due to sharing a state and lack of P5 recruits, also think there is a chance Iowa spirals downward if they dont be careful.
The fact that their current 2022 recruiting class is ranked 53 should be all we need to know about the fall of the Hok empire. Yearly battles with Nebraska to stay out of the cellar is in their near future. I for one welcome it.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I do believe there is a natural ceiling on both Iowa and ISU due to sharing a state and lack of P5 recruits, also think there is a chance Iowa spirals downward if they dont be careful.

Circa 1960-1980. Iowa is perfectly capable of being a basement dweller and they certainly deserve it. It’s amazing the amount of luck they’ve had over the years (including discontinuing the Cy-Hawk series for the better part of a century).

To be fair, a big part of it was also Iowa State being irrelevant for so long. We dug our own hole.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Saw multiple Hawk shirts at the basketball game last night. Too bad there were no Iowa sports to watch...

cyadict

Aug 4, 2006
Ankeny
There were Iowa fans at the UNLV game in Vegas.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Circa 1960-1980. Iowa is perfectly capable of being a basement dweller and they certainly deserve it. It’s amazing the amount of luck they’ve had over the years (including discontinuing the Cy-Hawk series for the better part of a century).

To be fair, a big part of it was also Iowa State being irrelevant for so long. We dug our own hole.

We've been waiting for 40 years for them to make a wrong move. They nailed two coaching hires like no other program in college football.

And you're right, our unwillingness to compete and/or invest in athletics was a massive mistake that we're still feeling the effects of.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
We've been waiting for 40 years for them to make a wrong move. They nailed two coaching hires like no other program in college football.

And you're right, our unwillingness to compete and/or invest in athletics was a massive mistake that we're still feeling the effects of.

The bigger takeaway is that we can wait for rivals to make a wrong move but we are only one mistake away in a head coach or more importantly, AD hire from going backward ourselves. You have to scratch and claw for success at either university.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron