All FB coaching rumors and speculation

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Was listening to a Chris Zorich podcast with Tim Brown, Wes Prichett, The Rocket, and Joe Theisman. Hello!. They all have pretty decent sources inside Notre Dame, and Tim Brown's son works on the staff. Apparently, according to Pritchett, Freeman "jumped Kelly's ass" in the team meeting. Team captains went straight to the AD afterwards to vouch for Freeman. I don't think Freeman is going to LSU. Good God I hope there is some truth to that.

swessball

Mar 23, 2016
It's just stupid to post something that tells nothing, be called out for it, then 'yep shouldn't have posted it' when it can be deleted.
I've seen it... won't go into detail, but generally I didn't think it was overly concerning considering what's already common knowledge. Side note: I know people are desperate for any kind of information, but people should really stop paying attention to the WRNL crew for any sort of serious information, breakdown, or reaction during important times.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
IMO if Campbell was the choice it would be announced. No reason to hold back on an announcement. ND is most likely considering Fickell or Freeman. Campbell is the fallback choice. They can get him if they make an offer. ND has to decide if they really want to let Freeman get away. They do have a #4 recruiting class that Freeman would likely retain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyhig

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I've seen it... won't go into detail, but generally I didn't think it was overly concerning considering what's already common knowledge. Side note: I know people are desperate for any kind of information, but people should really stop paying attention to the WRNL crew for any sort of serious information, breakdown, or reaction during important times.
Lol

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
We’d better hope Notre Dame hires the Cincy coach. From all the chatter that Campbell has let Notre Dame know he’s interested, I don’t see him sticking around Ames if Notre Dame offers.

• Informative
Reactions: RoseClone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
We’d better hope Notre Dame hires the Cincy coach. From all the chatter that Campbell has let Notre Dame know he’s interested, I don’t see him sticking around Ames if Notre Dame offers.
Any scenario involving Matt staying in Ames is perfect. I would love the Cincy guy to stay in Cincy, though, as they move into the league. Them staying a top 10 program has a lot of benefits for the rest of the conference.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Saw screenshots of the 247 article on Twitter. There is a lot to it regarding NDs, but not a ton regarding CMC, just a small tidbit stating information we already knew. CMC and his camp have let ND know they’re interested, and ND has let him know they’re interested. It’s like two dogs sniffing each other’s asses.

The rest of the article focuses on the other coaches they’re looking at.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Kelly just left ND despite likely being in playoff.
Fickell will do the same. You don't wait around for a job like that.

Zero chance Fickell bails on coaching a playoff game.
IMO if Campbell was the choice it would be announced. No reason to hold back on an announcement. ND is most likely considering Fickell or Freeman. Campbell is the fallback choice. They can get him if they make an offer. ND has to decide if they really want to let Freeman get away. They do have a #4 recruiting class that Freeman would likely retain.

Football Scopp is usually very dialed in on these things and that article doesn’t even mention Matt Campbell.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Zero chance Fickell bails on coaching a playoff game.

Football Scopp is usually very dialed in on these things and that article doesn’t even mention Matt Campbell.

So now they don't even respect ISU!!!???

But ranked in September!!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yes and when they do and employer is aware they develop a mutually agreed to exit strategy. I don’t know how a guy does a job with one foot out the door.

So you want CMC to leave?

How many college coaches don't generally do this in 2021?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron