Maybe it's the Holiday season, but for

Istate

Jul 15, 2008
some reason I think ISU football is in a good spot right now. I would have loved to make a splash hire, but Rhoads might just be the perfect fit. He wants to be at Iowa State. He comes to ISU with little fanfare so some part of me feels that might mean he's just flatout a heck of a coach. Originally, it sounded like every player (and a couple of waterboys) might transfer. Now, it sounds like the way Chizik left might have strengthened the bonds of the team and few if any are leaving. If the staff comes together nicely (how will we really know for a couple of years)and recruiting ends on a strong note, I think we are in as good of place, if not better, than we would have been if Chizik had stayed.

Too much egg nog or hope springs eternal? I don't know, but I'm ready for spring football reports.

Reactions: CycloneErik

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
some reason I think ISU football is in a good spot right now. I would have loved to make a splash hire, but Rhoads might just be the perfect fit. He wants to be at Iowa State. He comes to ISU with little fanfare so some part of me feels that might mean he's just flatout a heck of a coach. Originally, it sounded like every player (and a couple of waterboys) might transfer. Now, it sounds like the way Chizik left might have strengthened the bonds of the team and few if any are leaving. If the staff comes together nicely (how will we really know for a couple of years)and recruiting ends on a strong note, I think we are in as good of place, if not better, than we would have been if Chizik had stayed.

Too much egg nog or hope springs eternal? I don't know, but I'm ready for spring football reports.

I hope you are right....he must get good asst. coaches to be successful.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I hope he is able to bring a few Auburn recruits with him. Don't you also think he makes a call to the Iowa kids that have verballed to UofI and says, "Look, I'm an Iowa guy myself, let's talk this through."

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I certainly think that if all the players stay, Chizik leaving and Paul Rhoads coming on board is a big net gain. Next year is up in the air as far as record goes with players possibly learning new systems, but I think we have enough talent and experience to hopefully make up for it.

ISU_Alum_2000

All-Star
Oct 21, 2006
Aliso Viejo, CA
In my opinion, our success in the early Rhoads years is dependent on:

1) The staff's ability to recruit in Texas
2) Offensive Coordinator
3) Defensive Coordinator
4) The staff's ability to recruit in Texas some more

Reactions: Cyclonick182

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008

2) Offensive Coordinator
3) Defensive Coordinator

why TX? Also, if its that critical, then this is a downgrade from Chiz, cause I have to believe he recruited TX pretty well.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL

2) Offensive Coordinator
3) Defensive Coordinator
This. While I don't think TX is the only hotbed CPR needs to hit, its definately a vital one.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron