Feedback from around the country

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
I get the feeling some wanted Rhoads to stay on at Auburn. At Pitt, the head coach left and the new coach (Dave W) kept Rhoads as his defensive coordinator even though Rhoads was one of the finalists for that HC position too. He must be very well respected within the coaching ranks.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
"In my two face-to-face meetings with Paul this week, it was obvious that his enthusiasm, energy and warm personality would be well-received by our players, fans and university community," Pollard said. "He has a presence with a 'look-you-in-the-eye' style that makes you feel comfortable."

I wonder why he didn't pick up on the 'look-you-in-eye" thing with Chizik.

IlliCy

Nov 1, 2007
Wheaton, IL
"In my two face-to-face meetings with Paul this week, it was obvious that his enthusiasm, energy and warm personality would be well-received by our players, fans and university community," Pollard said. "He has a presence with a 'look-you-in-the-eye' style that makes you feel comfortable."

I wonder why he didn't pick up on the 'look-you-in-eye" thing with Chizik.

Perhaps the old inexperience bug took control on the Chizik hire? I don't think he had to do much head coach recruiting at Wisconsin.... Just a thought and I am sure somebody will tell me if I am wrong. :smile: