Greetings from BYU Country

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I saw a couple of BYU fans on twitter saying that B12 teams will be shocked at how many Mormans live in their cities and that they will invade our stadiums. One compared it to when the Cowboys play Arizona. I had to laugh at that one. This isn't the MWC. I guess maybe they do that to KU, but they are not taking over Ames. No one does.

They had a TON of fans at a basketball game in Hilton a while back.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
When Utah and TCU got P5 invites, I think the BYU Administration basically told the Mountain West Conference they were taking their ball and going home because they didn't think they were on the same level as the remaining teams.

Edit: I don't think there is any BYU fan not thrilled about joining the Big 12.

There was a BYU fan I saw on an least ten different BYU to the Big12 tweets saying of they go to the Big12 he won’t be a fan anymore. He was literally the only one, every time. BYU’s own little clonedude.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
As someone who lives in Salt Lake City, this is absolutely not true. If you want to get after it, there are plenty of bars and breweries in Salt Lake County.

When I drive through, I always try to stop at Strap Tank Brewery in Lehi. Great place. When ISU goes to Provo, I will be staying down in that part of town.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I saw a couple of BYU fans on twitter saying that B12 teams will be shocked at how many Mormans live in their cities and that they will invade our stadiums. One compared it to when the Cowboys play Arizona. I had to laugh at that one. This isn't the MWC. I guess maybe they do that to KU, but they are not taking over Ames. No one does.

Now that you bring that up, I remember seeing a few Mormons going door to door occasionally growing up, but since moving to bigger cities I haven’t seen one in 10+ years. Is the going door to door thing still a thing?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Now that you bring that up, I remember seeing a few Mormons going door to door occasionally growing up, but since moving to bigger cities I haven’t seen one in 10+ years. Is the going door to door thing still a thing?
Sure it wasn’t the jehovahs?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Would you say your chicks are more into mouth stuff or more into butt stuff?
What about the latter to the former?

giphy.gif

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I grew up in Ames and just spent the weekend there, visiting family. I attended ISU for a year, before transferring to BYU.

While in Ames, we stopped by Reiman Gardens and had a nice view of Jack Trice Stadium. Back here in Utah, I can see the BYU "Y" on the mountain off in the distance. Anyway, thought it was a good time to join this forum since BYU and ISU will now be conference mates. Let me know if you have any questions about BYU vs Provo.

P.S. -- I'm glad to see both teams won over the weekend and are coincidently ranked right next to each other.
Welcome
You have some good teams in many sports, and your football is very good. Great addition to the league.

Reactions: harimad

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Are there a bunch of old single Mormon bachelors? There is usually 50/50 men and women and if they typically have 4-6 wives, there has to be plenty of single men out there.

• Haha
Reactions: jcyclonee

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
There was a BYU fan I saw on an least ten different BYU to the Big12 tweets saying of they go to the Big12 he won’t be a fan anymore. He was literally the only one, every time. BYU’s own little clonedude.
Unfortunately for us, and the general populace, we have like, 20 Clonedudes.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007

Wiki says there are about 28,000 LDS Mormons in Iowa. The newest Community of Christ number I could find was 7,000 but that was from 2010.

Edit: I suppose that Ames would be the closest that BYU would get to Minneapolis or Chicago so they might get some fans traveling from those areas.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Ames has a Church of Latter Day Saints behind the mall. It’s not huge but I’d imagine if you added up every LDS church in the state it would be a good amount of people.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
To be fair, they also go home and listen to it on audiobook.

Yeah, their message board is messed up. It's to keep them sober. It's darn-near impossible to read now, and it would be impossible after a single Zima.

Edit. I realized most of you probably have never heard of Zima. It was like nasty citrus beer/seltzer. Stuff the girls would have drank on the strip last weekend.
Is it as bad as Mizzou's board? That was painful, years ago now. I'd bet they've improved it by now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron