OU having trouble with NU

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
I'm rooting for Nebby. I like the Big 10 more than the SEC (barely).
OU is still Big XII. Had they lost it would have made it look like the whole league sucks. When Nebby was hanging tough with OU and Indiana was ahead of Cincy, it was looking like a very good day for the B1G

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
IMO it would be a bad decision for Trev to fire Frost based on how the Huskers are doing in the field.

The days when the Huskers are a perennial top 10 team are ancient history. Frost might have them a year or 2 from competing for BIG10 West titles. Fire Frost and I think they start over.

I mean… they did lose to Illinois too. They may not be terrible but they aren’t good. Look at their schedule - I’ve still got them at 5-7.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I mean… they did lose to Illinois too. They may not be terrible but they aren’t good. Look at their schedule - I’ve still got them at 5-7.
I agree that 5-7 is probably likely as their schedule is pretty tough. IMO they have 3 key games on their schedule to show they are making strides- Mich State, Minnesota and Iowa.

I just think that Nebraska can't keep flipping head coaches. Go the extra mile with one if their own and I think they will see the benefits 2023+.

• Funny
Reactions: Lineup

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
People are really blowing this early game out of proportion. An outclassed team playing somebody close in an early season home game is like a dime a dozen. Nebraska isn’t good. They maybe aren’t horrid, but once in a while a team with perennial top 20 recruiting classes, no matter how undisciplined they are is going to put a good game together.

• Agree

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I agree that 5-7 is probably likely as their schedule is pretty tough. IMO they have 3 key games on their schedule to show they are making strides- Mich State, Minnesota and Iowa.

I just think that Nebraska can't keep flipping head coaches. Go the extra mile with one if their own and I think they will see the benefits 2023+.
They’ve been saying that for years now.

• Agree

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
People are really blowing this early game out of proportion. An outclassed team playing somebody close in an early season home game is like a dime a dozen. Nebraska isn’t good. They maybe aren’t horrid, but once in a while a team with perennial top 20 recruiting classes, no matter how undisciplined they are is going to put a good game together.

They aren't horrid, but they are not good. Nebby has signed 33 four-star recruits in the past five years. That's an average of nearly 7 four-star guys in each class. During that same stretch they've gone 4-8, 4-8, 5-7, 3-5, and are now 2-2.

Pretty inexcusable results given the level of talent they have on that roster. Frost is just a flat bad coach. Hope he stays there forever.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
They aren't horrid, but they are not good. Nebby has signed 33 four-star recruits in the past five years. That's an average of nearly 7 four-star guys in each class. During that same stretch they've gone 4-8, 4-8, 5-7, 3-5, and are now 2-2.

Pretty inexcusable results given the level of talent they have on that roster. Frost is just a flat bad coach. Hope he stays there forever.
Yeah people are overthinking this Nebraska performance and trying to say joining Big 10 lost them recruiting grounds, etc. Their recruiting started going down gradually 20 years ago. The combination of not being quite as good, no longer being able to add partial qualifiers, the scholarship reduction and no longer being one of a handful of teams always being on TV all snowballed to reduce their recruiting. Still, Pelini, Riley and Frost have recruited pretty well. They just have been way too inconsistent at QB for years and very undisciplined overall, esp on defense.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yeah people are overthinking this Nebraska performance and trying to say joining Big 10 lost them recruiting grounds, etc. Their recruiting started going down gradually 20 years ago. The combination of not being quite as good, no longer being able to add partial qualifiers, the scholarship reduction and no longer being one of a handful of teams always being on TV all snowballed to reduce their recruiting. Still, Pelini, Riley and Frost have recruited pretty well. They just have been way too inconsistent at QB for years and very undisciplined overall, esp on defense.

Under Frost they're undisciplined, weak in the trenches, and haven't cared all that much about defense. He seemed to think the same recipe for success he used at UCF would work in the B1G.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Under Frost they're undisciplined, weak in the trenches, and haven't cared all that much about defense. He seemed to think the same recipe for success he used at UCF would work in the B1G.

What he's doing at Nebraska wouldn't work anywhere.

The whole thing looks very different than what it did at UCF.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I realize "Nebraska hate" is baked in here on CF, but to say the Huskers aren't improved is ignorant.
They miss 2 easy FG's, give OU 2 points on the blocked PAT and lose by 7 to a supposed playoff team - in Norman.
But yeah, they aren't improving...right.

Tornado is mostly an idiot on this board, but I agree with this. Nebraska's defense is pretty good. They have some tqlent and size on that side of the ball. Martinez is above average and covers some warts with his ability to improvise.

• Funny