Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
FB-IMG-1620841697661.jpg

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Kansas is a joke. Texas Longhorns, Northwestern, Auburn, Marshall, Florida State are horrifically wrong. And as far as Marshall, the WVU tailgates are phenomenal!

Northwestern is astoundingly bad...almost like they're trying to suck at it. BUT...what do you compare to? Never been to a UI tailgate...

Also, though I've never been, The Grove in Oxford is pretty legendary so I'm wondering how MSU tops Ole Miss?

Reactions: HawaiiClone

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Hate me for it, but I see equal positives and negatives of both ISU and Iowa here. I like both much better than Nebraska.

Those are the only three I've really been around a lot.
I'm with you. I've tailgated in IC both pre and post conversion, it's great.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Hate me for it, but I see equal positives and negatives of both ISU and Iowa here. I like both much better than Nebraska.

Those are the only three I've really been around a lot.

Nebraska wins by default since there is really no other football in the state.
IC knows how to party but personally I hate their tailgating layout with a passion.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Nebraska wins by default since there is really no other football in the state.
IC knows how to party but personally I hate their tailgating layout with a passion.

In Iowa City it really boils down to where you are at. Many will disagree with me but I've always kind of liked the University Heights neighborhood tailgating. The same people typically park in the same yards every season so they kind of group up and tailgate together. Finkbine sucks though and the walk blows.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
In Iowa City it really boils down to where you are at. Many will disagree with me but I've always kind of liked the University Heights neighborhood tailgating. The same people typically park in the same yards every season so they kind of group up and tailgate together. Finkbine sucks though and the walk blows.

I think I was in Finkbine ages ago last time I tailgated there. It just seems weird to me that the best tailgating is in someone's yard. Seems counterintuitive when compared to wide open grass lots full of debauchery like at ISU. Even the paved lots are rocking here.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Probably depends on the game you're at for KU- whatever tailgating atmosphere you get is brought by visiting fans.

To be fair, the last time I tried to tailgate there was almost 20 years ago. But we couldn't find ANYONE to party with. Maybe we were in the wrong lot, but it was just a wasteland.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Having tailgated at UWis, I can tell you with certainty that those folks really know how to tailgate. Like Nebby, there's not a lot of competition - but Badger tailgates are a blast.

• Agree
Reactions: madguy30

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Honestly both Iowa State and Iowa are good tailgating atmospheres. I like ours better since its a big centralized party.

I've been to Lawrence once and it was a pretty good atmosphere, but that was also their Orange Bowl season so I'm sure that isn't the norm for them.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

That's what I think. When I'm wandering around meeting friends at tailgates or organized events I like Iowa City. If I'm organizing something myself and couldn't control where it would be, I easily prefer ISU.

The 11am typical kickoff is actually what makes ISU way better if anything does, the rest of the positives and negatives are a wash.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Having tailgated at UWis, I can tell you with certainty that those folks really know how to tailgate. Like Nebby, there's not a lot of competition - but Badger tailgates are a blast.

I've been there on a Saturday there was a road game and just the vibe around town watching at bars seemed like it would be awesome.