Cy-Hawk Game This Year: Revenge or Just Shutting Up Their Idiot Fans?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Any Iowa fan that thinks Iowa is a lock to win this game is just trolling. ISU should win easily.

• Agree
Reactions: 1776

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Win in a full Jack Trice and the Hok faithful will have no excuses. And please, no thunderstorms that stretch the game out for 6 hours.

I simply want a glorious late autumn afternoon in Ames with the opportunity to prove we are at the top or game.

Am I asking for too much?
Late autumn? Did the iowa game get rescheduled? Astronomical autumn won't start for 11 days after the iowa game and meteorological autumn will have just started 10 days before.

Reactions: TruClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Any Iowa fan that thinks Iowa is a lock to win this game is just trolling. ISU should win easily.
Anyone who thinks that any team is a lock to coast to a win in this series is trolling or delusional. Too many very good teams have gotten all they can handle by lesser teams in this series. It is a rivalry game and that often happens.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
Past 5 years? eh prob not. Keep in mind Iowa has the luxury of missing Top teams in the conf almost every year...Iowa has played the best team in the conf (1) time in past 5 years? That is pathetic honestly.

ISU played for big 12 title and won NY6 game last year..Alamo year before. Iowa has done neither in past 5 years.

What really sucks is the 2019 game ISU truly dominated that game....9 hour rain delays and all. Oh well.

I'll be very surprised if ISU doesnt win this game this year..

Good points. But the truth is...we haven't beaten Iowa in any significant competition for several years. Their offensive line is better than ours, and their defense is probably overall better as well. They have shown they can beat us with average at best skill position players.

It will probably be another one score type game.

Unless...the loss of Doyle starts to show in their player development, then we should win convincingly.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Turnovers and missed tackles have given this game to the greasy hoks and their fat inbred fans the last two games at Trice. I smell a crushing defeat for the hoks this year. And a lot of hok fans getting their asses kicked in the tailgate lots after the game. Somebody like HawkFan23, perhaps?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Ferentz's refusal to give any of his backup QBs PT will cause some issues early for Petras, methinks. Probably won't hit his stride until sometime in October.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Turnovers and missed tackles have given this game to the greasy hoks and their fat inbred fans the last two games at Trice. I smell a crushing defeat for the hoks this year. And a lot of hok fans getting their asses kicked in the tailgate lots after the game. Somebody like HawkFan23, perhaps?

You need to step away from the keyboard for a while. LOL

• Agree

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I get the usual Iowa/Iowa State stuff...but this year is different! If Iowa State is going to accomplish things never done before in school history, the Iowa game is very important simply being a game on the schedule! So...nothing in the past matters (yes, to we the fans it will always matter)! Yeah it is Iowa but it is exactly as important as every other game on the Iowa State schedule! If this year goes the way many (all) of us hope...who cares about the past few years! If Iowa State is rolling and undefeated in late October, we won't be talking or thinking about the fact that we beat Iowa (which is always fun)...we (the fans) will be thinking/dreaming of much bigger things!

Reactions: NWICY

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I’d like to 50 point them
Yes, Campbell should just unleash 5 years of frustration on them. First, they picked on us because Campbell was trying to right a ship that had a giant gash in its hull. Then a couple head-scratcher, lame luck type losses. It is time to shake all of that off and just f***in' beat them already.

Reactions: NWICY and Cdiedrick

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I still want revenge for the '77 game and all the crap we had to go through just to get the games. I want an ass whooping similar to the '78 game. For the youngsters that don't want to "alexa-it" the score was 31-0 the good guys.
And part of those '78 goal posts are still standing as a flag pole somewhere off campus. The secret of which remains safe ;)

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
You need to step away from the keyboard for a while. LOL
I knew I would strike a nerve with the hok trolls on here. Just having fun putting a blowtorch and a pair of pliers to you. Have a nice day.

• Dumb

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Yes, Campbell should just unleash 5 years of frustration on them. First, they picked on us because Campbell was trying to right a ship that had a giant gash in its hull. Then a couple head-scratcher, lame luck type losses. It is time to shake all of that off and just f***in' beat them already.
Well said.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
For me ..the worst part of this series is their idiot loud mouth fans and their Hawkster adoring media. I think I can now see why we didn't play Iowa for decades. I vote let's beat Iowa this Fall so as to hear the sweet sound of silence from Hawkster fanbase and their media shills.
I just want to win every game that is winnable...all of them.
I'm not predicting we go undefeated but there isn't a game we can't win. Any loss will tear my heart out.

Help Support Us

Become a patron