Cy-Hawk Game This Year: Revenge or Just Shutting Up Their Idiot Fans?

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
You split with them last year and return most of your team. ISU is the favorite in my eyes.
OU also returns almost everyone and they have better talent, that's just a fact. Not saying we can't do it, but OU is definitely the favorite

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
If ISU loses it will be a failure. They are Big 12 favorites and CFP favorites at this point. They have like 8 super seniors returning to win the Big 12 and make the final 4. Anything else is a failure.
How to tell people your an idiot without actually saying it.

SportsFan1

Oct 6, 2020
Yeah, I was going to say, there is no way the line is ISU -6 by kick off. -4.5 or even -3.5 would be my guess.

-3.5 sounds right vs. the claimed best team in Iowa St. history. It has got to be frustrating that ISU has had some of their best years lately with a good coach and still cannot beat Iowa. Based upon this board Iowa is one step above Grand View.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyTwins

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
OU also returns almost everyone and they have better talent, that's just a fact. Not saying we can't do it, but OU is definitely the favorite
You guys literally split with them and have had their number in recent years. ISU should win the big 12 or at least be in the championship game of the big 12.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Dude, the FPI and ESPN are all over this. So say ISU is a pretender, but I say they are legit. This is what they all came back for.
i agree, but most rankings have them from 6-8. The goal is the CFP. However, to say that anything else is total failure is plain stupid.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Guessing it'll be a 1 possession game again. If we win, idc how much or in what fashion. Need to go into conference 3-0 to accomplish what we want to.

Like that it's at home, I think the difference will be that this is Iowa's first time seeing Hall.

Guessing the UNI game will be our ho-hum 'don't show much' game, then hopefully look sharper for IA

Also, please no 3 hour delay like last time

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
i agree, but most rankings have them from 6-8. The goal is the CFP. However, to say that anything else is total failure is plain stupid.
So would a 10-2 type year not be a failure? They are currently a top team ranking wise, experience wise, and have a favorable schedule to get them back to the big 12 title game. No reason to be scared of that expectation. It is where ISU is at right now.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
So would a 10-2 type year not be a failure? They are currently a top team ranking wise, experience wise, and have a favorable schedule to get them back to the big 12 title game. No reason to be scared of that expectation. It is where ISU is at right now.

Umm...no. No 10 win football season should ever be considered a failure in Ames! EVER! Never had one yet...so don't even suggest that line of thinking!

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Umm...no. No 10 win football season should ever be considered a failure in Ames! EVER! Never had one yet...so don't even suggest that line of thinking!
But if you went 10-2 and say lost a NY6 game to make it 10-3 with this group it would not be considered a failure?

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
But if you went 10-2 and say lost a NY6 game to make it 10-3 with this group it would not be considered a failure?

No! Maybe a letdown for some fans but a failure? Come on...you are just trolling here! 10 wins in Ames, Iowa will make this team (if it gets there) forever talked about in regards to Iowa State football! I have been a fan a long time...anyone that thinks 10 wins this fall is a failure is clueless!