Latest Info Regarding Chizik

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Gene burned a lot of bridges with this, not only with the entire ISU family but with the two coaches he fired and his two 'friends' that he demoted.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I have a hard time seeing why so many fans are so outraged by this. We all knew that we had a good coach on our hands from the first day he stepped on campus, and that at some point a bigger school would come along and grab him. Sure we can be dissapointed that we didn't get a few more wins out of him, but it certainly could be worse.
If we are on the hunt for a new coach, at least we didn't just come off canning our coach. ISU used to be considered a coaching graveyard. This is no longer the case, and I'm ok with bringing in another up-and-comer.

If you have to ask, then it isn't worth my time trying to explain it to you.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
I have a hard time seeing why so many fans are so outraged by this. We all knew that we had a good coach on our hands from the first day he stepped on campus, and that at some point a bigger school would come along and grab him. Sure we can be dissapointed that we didn't get a few more wins out of him, but it certainly could be worse.
If we are on the hunt for a new coach, at least we didn't just come off canning our coach. ISU used to be considered a coaching graveyard. This is no longer the case, and I'm ok with bringing in another up-and-comer.

Cause we at least thought we'd get a bowl game out of him before he left....but all we got it one win over Iowa.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I have a hard time seeing why so many fans are so outraged by this.

Are you serious? Fans are outraged because donation levels were raised, ticket prices were raised, and we just gave out the biggest contract in our school's history and we didn't get **** for it. If he leaves, we just got pushed back again.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I had heard this from a local source a few hours ago and called a friend in the Auburn athletic department. She was gone for the day when this was all going on but was about 97% sure Chizik was going to get hired.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
If he leaves there is no buyout is there?

Most of the time, the program hiring the coach away from another program has to pay to buy the coach out of his current contract.

Hopefully Pollard built in a hefty buyout so that we can get SOMETHING out of this.....because it certainly wasn't a pile of wins.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
So we have until 2014 before we can expect an average 7 win season?

If Chiz goes.....I can understand why he did it, but I hope he lands flat on his face. (7 win season which is termination at Auburn) and we go to the Alamo bowl with a Tim Brewster type prototype...
All that being said I still hope he stays.
I don't think you know what you are saying here. We have no interest in a coach like Brewster. The guy is not a good coach, just a shameless self promoter. He won't be leaving Minnesota to take on a bigger gig. He will be fired in the next two years.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Screw him. He apparently didn't mean anything he ever said about rebuilding the program and staying here to see us grow.

I honestly thought that if we started winning games, he would be gone rather quickly. I didn't see him leaving this quickly, especially to Auburn, with a 5-19 record.

j4state

May 21, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for leaving us with some competent successors, Gene. If there was ever a definition of a one man wrecking crew...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron