The Fran fade

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Certainly a nice NBA career, but was he a better college player?

The best NBA player in ISU history is probably Jeff Hornacek, but I don't think anybody would quite call him the best player in Iowa State history. Marcus Fizer is our only first-team AA, as far as I know.

I'd probably pick Fizer as the best player in school history, even if plenty others had better pro careers.

I think he was at least on a conference championship team but he had better than McCafe teammates and a sweet nickname

Reactions: Sigmapolis

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Every time I see this I worry about Mad Fran. His face is always so red. I hope he is ok, he doesn’t look well.

On the other hand, still hilarious he drops his mask just to curse at a terrible pass by spawn 1.
He has to be on blood pressure meds

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Certainly a nice NBA career, but was he a better college player?

The best NBA player in ISU history is probably Jeff Hornacek, but I don't think anybody would quite call him the best player in Iowa State history. Marcus Fizer is our only first-team AA, as far as I know.

I'd probably pick Fizer as the best player in school history, even if plenty others had better pro careers.
He averaged 27.6 PPG Senior year. This was before the 3 point line and he was deadly from outside.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If we lose again to Iowa this year, will we claim, "it's their Superbowl" excuse ??
Some will, but I won't because that is stupid when squawks use it and it is stupid when 'Clones use it. It is a rivalry, it should be one of the most important non-con games. But it shouldn't be any more important than conference games. If someone on either side gives the it isn't important, it's just another game take they are lying. If someone claims it is the most important game of the season they are probably saying that before each game of the conference season as well.

Reactions: Thorongil Clone

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I will say that I bet Otz does a better job of conveying how important that game is to those in-state kids that Iowa has. Prohm never had the team ready to match Iowa’s intensity in that from the tip.

Reactions: Cytown12 and Kurttr

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
Well TJ and Fran's thoughts on the transfer portal couldn't be more opposite

Or they feel the same and TJ is just a much better recruiter and understands the importance of buying in and how to use it for his advantage.

Fran's "get off my lawn," take isn't going to help him in the transfer market

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Or they feel the same and TJ is just a much better recruiter and understands the importance of buying in and how to use it for his advantage.

Fran's "get off my lawn," take isn't going to help him in the transfer market
I genuinely think TJ looks out for the players and Fran looks out for himself

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I hope he comes back. The way things are standing today, no reason we can't expect to beat them in Hilton next season. His last memory there wouldn't be so fond then.

Just think: when he's still down at the bars talkin' hoops, he can talk about the time he played on a decent team that beat one of ISU's worst teams in 50 years that lost to Florida ATM in the same month, same court.