Iowa Football Recruiting

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
has Purdy regressed?

I would say that he did regress a little last year. Don’t get me wrong it is tough to have the best statistical season in the state history every year though. He just didn’t consistently play at the standard I expected from him. Luckily he has another year (2 technically) to get there.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
has Purdy regressed?

I think that so much goes into QB play that it's hard to tell whether anyone really regresses. What's the running game look like? Who are the WRs? How is the protection? People will say that Sam Richardson regressed at ISU, but he took so many hits that he was understandably a little gunshy.

Purdy started his career with Butler, Murdock and Jones...that is a very strong college WR group. This past year, he didn't have as good of a group and a lot of that had to do with Milton getting hurt. But, the TE's stepped up and were great. So, his overall stats weren't as strong, but by the end of last year, he was playing at a VERY high level. We get that Purdy and the sky's the limit for this ISU team.

I'm not going to weigh in on the iowa QBs, as I don't watch enough to know what's going on around them or even what that staff is asking them to do.

Reactions: Statefan10

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

Just one day after receiving an offer from NW, TE prospect commits there. Wow, thought Iowa had a really good chance here.

They're killing it with that new facility right by the lake. Recruits don't seem to care that they don't have any fans. They took a couple of good recruits from us last year that our staff wanted badly. And they are easily the team I'm most worried about with Willich.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
They're killing it with that new facility right by the lake. Recruits don't seem to care that they don't have any fans. They took a couple of good recruits from us last year that our staff wanted badly. And they are easily the team I'm most worried about with Willich.
Honestly if Soldier wasn't grass they should play some games there. But it would be tore to **** like Pitt.