Jalen Coleman-Lands is has entered the transfer portal

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Hinson actually played quite a bit.. 23.9 mpg his freshman year and 31.1 his sophomore year. Averaged 9.1 ppg in those two years at Ole Miss.

I meant that Foster didn’t play much. Assuming Hinson’s health is ok, there’s no reason to think he won’t be, at worst, a really solid contributor.

Reactions: Statefan10

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Hey.... when all is said and done... I'll be comparing our roster next season to the roster we would have had if Prohm was still here.

Which wouldn't be an exact science of course because you don't know who would have still left, but I'm going to assume we would have still had Bolton, Hinson, and JCL.... and would have added Hunter too.

Now don't get me wrong.... I was all for Prohm having to go.... he's a terrible head coach..... but I was told TJ was a master recruiter, so I'm expecting a really solid roster this season...... much better than what we would have had under Prohm.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Hey.... when all is said and done... I'll be comparing our roster next season to the roster we would have had if Prohm was still here.

Which wouldn't be an exact science of course because you don't know who would have still left, but I'm going to assume we would have still had Bolton, Hinson, and JCL.... and would have added Hunter too.

Now don't get me wrong.... I was all for Prohm having to go.... he's a terrible head coach..... but I was told TJ was a master recruiter, so I'm expecting a really solid roster this season...... much better than what we would have had under Prohm.
He’s playing moneyball.

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012

Perhaps another way to think of it (although impossible to prove) would be to think about how the roster will look in 2 or 3 years versus where it would have been with Prohm. I was a Prohm defender and meh on TJ (frankly I wanted Craig Smith) but Prohm was leading a sinking ship, that thing was going down no matter who we returned next year with him. I get the handwringing over the initial TJ moves but with more to come I've been impressed with what he's doing and I think it's clear he's building for the long-term and frankly am more pleased with him now and think he is completely a better fit than Smith would have been and compared to the other teams out there grabbing assistants to be the lead man.

With what Prohm would have returned, we would not have made the tournament regardless (we just went 2-22 with Bolton and JCL leading the team), so the strategy to build long-term makes all the sense in the world. To me at least but I guess I'm in the TJ cult now.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Hopefully this statement from CW isn't just talking about getting Gabe Kalscheur this morning.

Sure, he looks decent, but we need a lot more good news than just that. Losing JCL and adding Gabe doesn't do anything for me. And losing Bolton still needs to be addressed as well.

And I don't count keeping Hunter as a feather in TJ's cap either. If Prohm had stayed we would have had Hunter.... so keeping him is not "adding" anything to the team that we wouldn't have already had with Prohm.
All true. This guy isn’t the off guard or wing that Bolton or JCL were. Has Minnesota had a winning conference record, or is he coming from a losing culture as well? He was awful last year and the criticism he received has him looking for a fresh start. He’ll need to be much better or he’ll get that here too.

But he has defended well, and TJ has struggled to get his teams to defend. So it’s better to bring guys in that have already been coached in that regard and know how to defend, rather try to have TJ improve the existing players. We’ll see if his defense slips under TJ.

If it’s a long rebuild, it’s on TJ. Prohm had a huge part in being 0-18. The KenPom luck parameter basically became the Prohm incompetence factor. Adding a quality staff that also had a good spring should be an instant 6 or 7 more conference wins, plus adding the nonconference cupcakes.

Last edited:

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
I was a Prohm defender and meh on TJ (frankly I wanted Craig Smith) but Prohm was leading a sinking ship, that thing was going down no matter who we returned next year with him. I get the handwringing over the initial TJ moves but with more to come I've been impressed with what he's doing and I think it's clear he's building for the long-term and frankly am more pleased with him now and think he is completely a better fit than Smith would have been and compared to the other teams out there grabbing assistants to be the lead man.

Same. But like you, I have warmed to the TJ thing. We'll see how it goes, but it SEEMS to me that there is a plan in place. Whether it works or not is yet to be seen, but at least there is a plan. Progress in my book.

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021

Keeping Hunter would be huge. And you would damn sure be ******** if he wanted out.

Last edited:

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Prohm had NBA talent when he took over, TJ has none of that and taking over a tanked program cause of Prohm. Give TJ more than this years roster good grief. It’s gonna take time, but I’m optimistic to at least go .500 next year, anything more would be the icing on the **** cake TJ was handed.

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
Wut?

Yes, I would be ticked if we don't get Hunter.... that's my entire point.

If getting TJ means we lose Hunter, then TJ is starting off in a huge hole already.
Yes. And if he keeps him, you will give him zero credit for doing so. That's my entire point.

And I know I'm on the right track because schmucky-face liked your post.

TJ didn't ask Prohm to be an abysmal failure and necessitate a change in coaches. If TJ retains Hunter he will be doing what he should. He won't deserve to be gushed over for doing so but I know you will give a whiny "He gets no credit because we already had that guy".

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Prohm had NBA talent when he took over, TJ has none of that and taking over a tanked program cause of Prohm. Give TJ more than this years roster good grief. It’s gonna take time, but I’m optimistic to at least go .500 next year, anything more would be the icing on the **** cake TJ was handed.
Disagree. If we are not at least a serious bubble team that will be a major disappointment. This is an unprecedented free agency market with immediate eligibility for Transfers and assuming TJ doesn’t screw up Prohm’s recruit in Tyrese Hunter it is very doable to make the tourney. Basically just need to finish top 7 in the big 12. Recruiting is TJ’s bread and butter, so I have high expectations for the coming season.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
Disagree. If we are not at least a serious bubble team that will be a major disappointment. This is an unprecedented free agency market with immediate eligibility for Transfers and assuming TJ doesn’t screw up Prohm’s recruit in Tyrese Hunter it is very doable to make the tourney. Basically just need to finish top 7 in the big 12. Recruiting is TJ’s bread and butter, so I have high expectations for the coming season.
WTF is wrong with some of you? Transfers will get us going but half the squad will be in their 1st year in the program.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Not a good week officially losing our top two players from a 2-22 team. Lol. We're in trouble.

Sucks to loose a scorer, but can't blame him for wanting to go elsewhere. TJ is probably asking some of these guys to either make some changes or go elsewhere. Again, if you are a starter on a 2 win team, you are a least part of the problem, no matter how many shots you take.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
WTF is wrong with some of you? Transfers will get us going but half the squad will be in their 1st year in the program.
Transfers will get us going? Transfers got us big 12 tournament championships and high tourney seeds.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Transfers will get us going? Transfers got us big 12 tournament championships and high tourney seeds.
The transfer game is different from that time. You have wayyy too high of expectations for next year and I'm going to tell you, they likely won't be met. If Otz does this the right way, we will have a ton of struggles next year but we will see improvement. It's similar to the football teams first year under Campbell. I understand there are less guys you're working with and that makes it easier, but it's also a faster game.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
2-22 to serious bubble? OK. I'm positive but lets be realistic.