Jalen Coleman-Lands is has entered the transfer portal

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Well the slate couldn't be much cleaner, so TJ's results will be his own. I'll still be disappointed if the 21-22 season team isn't around .500.

Prepare for disappointment. .500 would be grand slam home run/hole in one territory. Those things don’t happen often.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
As someone who does not know how APR works, can somebody explain to me where ISU would sit in terms of risking scholarship losses with this many transfers?

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
That'll give him time to finish his doctorate :)

Good luck, JCL. Sorry your year in Ames was so weird.

We didn't have a Big12 talent level this year and we've lost whom I consider our best 3 players: Bolton, JCL and Solomon.
THIS IS WHAT STARTING OVER LOOKS LIKE....A new coach and a new cast of players, I guess its just a sign of the times......

I am looking forward to our NEXT CONFERENCE WIN!

GO COACH TJ & REMEMBER GO CYCLONES!!!

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I just posted a word document visible to everyone in the other thread that shows what every team has coming back as of now. I'll continue to update it as players come and go.

Good list. Thanks for posting again. For what it's worth, there are a couple other B12 teams experiencing big turnover this year.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Wish him the best of luck, thanks for your time here JCL. Well on to the next guy, go get em coach!!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
It’s gonna be a good weekend, guys. Just have a drink and relax.

F5
I believe it was hinted at that JC-L was leaning to returning prior to yesterdays announcement, which was a bit of a surprised.

After thinking about it I suspect the staff may feel confident with a starting level SG coming. TJ may have told JC-L he'd need to compete for minutes and with him on the fence tipping his decision. I know if I were in JCL and had some options to play one more year I would want to do it for a tourney team. If I were TJ the production was comparable I lean towards playing younger guys to instill the culture and set up the future years.

Losing Bolton and JCL opens a lot of minutes at the SG spot which now makes coming to play for the Cyclones that much more attractive.

So once again F5.
Though if TJ is like CFH the transfer news will break during Sunday brunch.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
A lot of you seem to be setting expectations as low as possible. Since transfers don’t have to sit out, there is no reason TJ can’t put together a decent squad. My expectations are to make the tourney, but for his first year if we are at least a bubble team that would be a win.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It’s gonna be a good weekend, guys. Just have a drink and relax.

Hopefully this statement from CW isn't just talking about getting Gabe Kalscheur this morning.

Sure, he looks decent, but we need a lot more good news than just that. Losing JCL and adding Gabe doesn't do anything for me. And losing Bolton still needs to be addressed as well.

And I don't count keeping Hunter as a feather in TJ's cap either. If Prohm had stayed we would have had Hunter.... so keeping him is not "adding" anything to the team that we wouldn't have already had with Prohm.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Hopefully this statement from CW isn't just talking about getting Gabe Kalscheur this morning.

Sure, he looks decent, but we need a lot more good news than just that. Losing JCL and adding Gabe doesn't do anything for me. And losing Bolton still needs to be addressed as well.

And I don't count keeping Hunter as a feather in TJ's cap either. If Prohm had stayed we would have had Hunter.... so keeping him is not "adding" anything to the team that we wouldn't have already had with Prohm.

Jeesh

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020

The little lights aren’t twinkling Clark.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron