The Fran fade

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
He made a lot more mistakes because he always had the ball in his hands. Connor actually turned the ball over a lot considering his usage
Yes but what im saying is Connor knows not to have the ball in his hands. Bolton was a bit of a ball stopper. Against Kansas down 10 late i watched him get a 10 second violation walking the ball up the court. That's just 1 example of an inexcusable turnover. Connor trying to fit a bounce pass into garza is a little more acceptable

• Haha
Reactions: VeloClone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yes but what im saying is Connor knows not to have the ball in his hands. Bolton was a bit of a ball stopper. Against Kansas down 10 late i watched him get a 10 second violation walking the ball up the court. That's just 1 example of an inexcusable turnover. Connor trying to fit a bounce pass into garza is a little more acceptable
Thanks for watching Iowa State games

Reactions: Althetuna

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I wasn’t saying Connor was bad defensively. I was saying wasn’t terrible in every single area, but he didn’t do anything well either. Averaging 3.6 assists a game doesn’t justify averaging 3.3 ppg, shooting 27% on the only shot you’re allowed to take, and being a 58% FT shooter.
You don't always want to start your 5 best guys either. I'm not saying he's better than Keegan believe me. If Connor starts that doesn't mean we're saying this is our best 5. You're putting a group that you think works well together out there. I liked his role with Garza. Next year Garza's gone so i hope Connor comes off the bench

• Wow
Reactions: Carlisle Clone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Here’s the thing, Bolton wasn’t a PG but was forced to have the ball in his hands. He was an awful decision maker. Connor is propped up as a great decision maker and that’s what fans hang their hats on when discussing his positives, but it turns out he’s just an okay decision maker..

So what does he do above average? Not much.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You don't always want to start your 5 best guys either. I'm not saying he's better than Keegan believe me. If Connor starts that doesn't mean we're saying this is our best 5. You're putting a group that you think works well together out there. I liked his role with Garza. Next year Garza's gone so i hope Connor comes off the bench
You don’t think you could teach Keegan to throw a bounce pass inside? And there’s no way Connor comes off the bench after starting for 2 years in a row. Right? He’s started two years in a row now.

Reactions: cycloner29

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Here’s the thing, Bolton wasn’t a PG but was forced to have the ball in his hands. He was an awful decision maker. Connor is propped up as a great decision maker and that’s what fans hang their hats on when discussing his positives, but it turns out he’s just an okay decision maker..

So what does he do above average? Not much.
Again I'd say throw it into the post and make good decisions. Not shooting is sometimes a good decision. What did we have last year? Shooters and Garza. What goes well with that?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
We know Patrick sucks at the P5 level. We can only assume Jones does
CW says a good comp for Jones would be Edozie, who was slightly better than a walk on for us. I think we can live with that. Just a body to compete in practice against for Foster and Conditt.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Again I'd say throw it into the post and make good decisions. Not shooting is sometimes a good decision. What did we have last year? Shooters and Garza. What goes well with that?
He’s not a good defender, he’s not a good passer, he’s a terrible shooter, he can’t get to the rim and if he somehow gets fouled, there’s a 40% he’s missing the FT.

BUT he throws a mean interior bounce pass and can pump fake better than anyone. When you have to say one of the better qualities of a PG is “not shooting the basketball”, there‘s some concern..

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Holy ****! I took a look at black Garza and that boy is THICC! They better hope his courtside chair is reinforced.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Not really sure why either team would mock the other for filling in bench roles. With the amount of players both teams have leaving for a variety of reasons, you’ve got a lot of spots to fill in, and not all of them are going to be superstar starter roles.
What it boils down to, in my mind at least, is that both teams only have bench players remaining from this years teams for the most part. Yet we've seen at ISU so far, TJ bringing in additional players that project as bench/role pieces at best. Aside from Bolton still technically on the roster for ISU and the possibility Weiskamp returns for Iowa, neither team currently has a guy on the roster that is going to go out and make plays/create offense/get their shot. Both have considerable work to do this offseason.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
What it boils down to, in my mind at least, is that both teams only have bench players remaining from this years teams for the most part. Yet we've seen at ISU so far, TJ bringing in additional players that project as bench/role pieces at best. Aside from Bolton still technically on the roster for ISU and the possibility Weiskamp returns for Iowa, neither team currently has a guy on the roster that is going to go out and make plays/create offense/get their shot. Both have considerable work to do this offseason.
Oh, both schools will be looking forward to seeing 2022 football season by December.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I will say that I’m at least somewhat intrigued by what Hinson will bring us next year. Dude was able to create his own shot very well at Ole Miss.