The Fran fade

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If Iowa signed a guy like that I could not imagine the slander ISU fans would give
I’m not gonna disagree with you there. Lol I gave Iowa fans s*** for the Murray signings and I have eaten crow since. Hopefully this guy turns out like that (doubtful).

Reactions: Nate STANley

Expert

Mar 4, 2021
I don’t see any arguments there. All Jones would have to do at Iowa right now is beat out a fat British kid who played like 12 seconds.

He played barely over 20 minutes per game on a team from the Summit League that was ranked in the 300's in KenPom.

Ogundele probably puts up 12 and 6 on that Denver team.

Hypothetically, if Jones was Iowa's only offseason addition, Iowa would start Toussaint, Fredrick, Connor, Patrick and Keegan Murray.

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He played barely over 20 minutes per game on a team from the Summit League that was ranked in the 300's in KenPom.

Hypothetically, if Jones was Iowa's only offseason addition, Iowa would start Toussaint, Fredrick, Patrick and both Murray kids.
I don't know if the fat kid could put up 12 and 6 at Linn Mar

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

Hypothetically, if Jones was Iowa's only offseason addition, Iowa would start Toussaint, Fredrick, Connor, Patrick and Keegan Murray.

In the last 3 games of the season Garza sat 15 total mins. In that 15 mins Iowa was -28. -28!!!

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I am aware we don't have anyone on the roster comparable to a 2 time conference POTY and this seasons national POTY.

My point being that Keegan at the 5 isn’t an actual option. Jones certainly isn’t a huge signing by any stretch but at this point neither school is in a position to turn away able-bodied big guys.

Reactions: GTO

Expert

Mar 4, 2021
My point being that Keegan at the 5 isn’t an actual option. Jones certainly isn’t a huge signing by any stretch but at this point neither school is in a position to turn away able-bodied big guys.

It's not going to happen but it's a better option than having Jones at 5 and taking Patrick out of the starting lineup.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What is the transfer strategy for Otz? The first two have been completely underwhelming.
I have an idea but can't tell you honestly due to it being premium info. I mean he has 6 scholarships to fill. Even if they sign Grill they will have 3 left. They need bodies badly and Jones was basically to help with other kids IMO

Expert

Mar 4, 2021
I have an idea but can't tell you honestly due to it being premium info. I mean he has 6 scholarships to fill. Even if they sign Grill they will have 3 left. They need bodies badly and Jones was basically to help with other kids IMO

So you are buying the whole Otz is playing chess theory that is being talked about on the basketball board?

Expert

Mar 4, 2021
I don't know what's talked about over there I assume it's mostly negative

@Statefan10 can probably fill you in.

Basically, Otz is playing chess by landing Jones to help ISU's chances with the Garcia kid from Marquette if he transfers and for prospects that play for Jones' old AAU team.