What happened to Mac's World

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Can anyone tell me what happened to Mac's World on 98.3? I listened for the first time all week and I was supprised that he isn't around.

Was there any kind of announcement??

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Thats craptastic..... He was the best show on the station. Now you have to listen to Bradshaw and his liberal cry baby ways.

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
IMO, 98.3 local shows are not very high quality. I would invite some kind of interesting, alternative show that's different from the local competitors.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I wouldn't feel too bad. McKoy owns Miss Kitty's and a couple of other bars Des Moines.

Yeah.. thats not the point... He was the best show on that station. He will be fine financially of course. He offered to work for free I just found out. They just ran a thing about it on Channel 5 news. Sounds like Bradshaw had a hand in it.... interesting....

Also, I liked Mac's World because it was a local show. He had good guest. He had good political talk. He talked about tough stuff like suicide at SE Polk and had Dr.s and others on talking about that stuff.

Since I can't stand listening to Jon D Miller anymore, he was a great alternative.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
I guess I didn't even realize it. I thought he had the day off. He did balance out Bradshaw's smugness nicely. I hope Tom Cotes still comes on, but I would highly doubt it if Bradshaw's in charge.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Yeah... And Bradshaw wouldn't really say anything about it today. He just carried on like normal. Then again I think he hated being in Mac's shadow.

I just can't stand how Bradshaw will treat callers with different views. He is always right and he will not put any credit into someone elses opinion. If you don't agree with him, then you were just plain wrong.

Sounds like Mac is hoping to show up on another radio station in the metro. I really hope so...

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
I hope so too. If I had to flip a coin between Bradshaw and Miller, I'd choose 105.5 and listen to some salsa cha-cha!

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Bad move by 98.3. Mac's show worked well with McKoy and Bradshaw to banter back and forth. Now, with just Bradshaw....ugh. Boring as hell. I think he is funny, but in small doses. Now with him leading the entire show. No way. I'll have to find another station to listen to.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I wouldn't feel too bad. McKoy owns Miss Kitty's and a couple of other bars Des Moines.

I think he sold his bars and resturants. He was good when I listened. I dont know how that stations stays going. I like Glen Beck and half the ads on his show are promoting 98.3s other shows. I figured both of these shows would be good draws for the station and they cannot people to adversitse on them.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I think he sold his bars and resturants. He was good when I listened. I dont know how that stations stays going. I like Glen Beck and half the ads on his show are promoting 98.3s other shows. I figured both of these shows would be good draws for the station and they cannot people to adversitse on them.

Besides Miss Kitty's what other places did he own???

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Reactions: kingcy

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Besides Miss Kitty's what other places did he own???

The Autographs chain was one I think. He sold them all about a year ago, if I remember right, when the economy was still good. He probaly did well for himself.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I enjoyed his show and actually like Bradshaw (although he's on the wrong side of almost every issue). That said, I don't think I'll enjoy just Bradshaw.