Random question of the day: Is there a weight limit for garbage cans?

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
We did a ton of landscaping work today and filled our garbage can full. Trash day is Wednesday. I can barely get the son of a ***** on its wheels to roll. I’ve never had it this heavy before. I would assume in this day and age the garbage truck “claws” will have no issue picking this thing up and dumping it in its back right??

• Funny
Reactions: deadeyededric

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Mine has some number on the lid maybe 75 lbs? It's dark and outside so idk off hand. That being said I don't think they weigh them obviously. Check your bin and see if it's in the sticker

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Probably depends on where you are. I've loaded mine down with junk, but my town specifically excludes yard/landscaping waste from pickup.
I guess I haven’t even checked if that’s the case in Des Moines. Oh well. I have no where else to put the waste and it’s trash to me. They can haul it off. They never look inside.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Guys, please stop DMing me. It’s just basic math. I haven’t actually put any bodies or any kind in a trash can. I live in an apartment and gave valet trash service, so I don’t have a trash can.

Reactions: wxman1

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
As a holiday tip, I separate my bottles for them so they can go and cash them in and get the deposit.
A true philanthropist. I usually give them the day off around Christmas and just dont put a bin out. Sure the neighbors still put theirs out, but i figure im doing my part. Also it weighs twice as much the next week, but I figure they all have new years resolutions to work harder and get in better shape.

Sometimes if im feeling really generous i will throw away my old deserts by setting them on top them of the trash bags instead of inside, so that way they can pick around the moldy parts and get a nice treat if they want.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
A true philanthropist. I usually give them the day off around Christmas and just dont put a bin out. Sure the neighbors still put theirs out, but i figure im doing my part. Also it weighs twice as much the next week, but I figure they all have new years resolutions to work harder and get in better shape.

Sometimes if im feeling really generous i will throw away my old deserts by setting them on top them of the trash bags instead of inside, so that way they can pick around the moldy parts and get a nice treat if they want.
Wow, that’s very kind. I’ll usually just stick a post it note to the bag letting them know there’s a half a cheesecake somewhere in there if they want it.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Wow, that’s very kind. I’ll usually just stick a post it note to the bag letting them know there’s a half a cheesecake somewhere in there if they want it.
Wait.... so you actually like communicate with them, like they are people? Thats wild. Aren't they poor? I bet you have some great stories.