Cyclone Fanatic is doing a great job on the coaching situation

May 7, 2020
I think he’s locked in all next week.

but it’s not like he can’t ok the release of a statement.

there’s a lot of smoke it will happen this week. So I could be wrong but I just think it’s a ****** thing to do.
What happens when we beat Texas tonight though? Honestly, I just want it over with. I never cheer against our team, but I'm ready to hit the reset button.

Reactions: exCYtable

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
What happens when we beat Texas tonight though? Honestly, I just want it over with. I never cheer against our team, but I'm ready to hit the reset button.

nothing happens. The players are happy.

seriously it’s just 10 days. You can survive.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
One game is not going to change things one way or another when evaluating the season. At the same time there isn't any hurry to pull the plug since any candidate still has games to play as well.

Reactions: jsb

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

1e70d2f3-1aa0-4ce8-83ed-b66c8400241f_100_h_6.gif

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I was being serious. My grandma is connected to some decent ISU sources. Namely Gary Thompson.

i know. I just don’t believe your grandma. ;)

I think the far more interesting story is what is the agenda of the people pushing this fred story. There’s one detail of it that I’ve heard but have just read hints of on here that is really interesting and that gives me a small reason to think it’s somewhat true. But I still don’t think it’s feasible.

Who is pushing this story? Why? No one can explain why he would want back here. No one can explain how he could come back.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I think the far more interesting story is what is the agenda of the people pushing this fred story. There’s one detail of it that I’ve heard but have just read hints of on here that is really interesting and that gives me a small reason to think it’s somewhat true. But I still don’t think it’s feasible.

Who is pushing this story? Why? No one can explain why he would want back here. No one can explain how he could come back.

He’s from Ames and went to ISU and really enjoyed his time there both playing and coaching? I mean I know that doesn’t fit your narrative of the Nefarious Fred Hoiberg with evil Moustache swimming in his NBA bux plotting the demise of ISU basketball but...

CRCySpy

Oct 16, 2020
Cedar Rapids, IA
Fred makes as much as Campbell now. His buyout is just south of 11MM. Use your logical reasoning on these last posts.
Just spit balling here, but could Fred's contract have a cheaper buyout when leaving for the NBA or certain other college jobs like ISU?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

I have no idea how he'd come back now, but I do know that he wanted the Iowa State job back and that he essentially settled for Nebraska.. Had Steve not won the Big 12 Tournament in 2019, he would've taken the Alabama job and Fred would've come back. That's at least what I was told by a source close to the situation.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron