The Fran fade

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Biggest difference was that Iowa also had a top 20 football team too. Can't say that for ISU basketball, which I think has made ISU fans even more salty.
I think that hurts Iowa fans case for being jealous then doesn't it? Why would a fan of a top-20 team be jealous?

Maybe Iowa fans were jealous that ISU now has more NY6 wins this decade ;)

Reactions: frackincygy

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This. Right now if the committee were using straight NET rankings, Houston would a 1 seed and Colgate would be a 3 seed. There are also a some teams in the NET's top-50 that won't be getting a bid in the tournament at all.
Legend isn't having his best day on here

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Imagine having 0 conference wins in a down year.
Iowa State being this bad is actually case in point that it is a down year in CBB. They are usually a tournament team. Covid and Prohm have proved to be a killer double team.

GoIaHawkS

Feb 14, 2021
I think that hurts Iowa fans case for being jealous then doesn't it? Why would a fan of a top-20 team be jealous?

Well considering the fact this decade has just begun, we can still top you.

• Optimistic
Reactions: frackincygy

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

I don't think so. Some Iowa fans were jealous of ISU's success in football no doubt, but at the same time at least they had a top 20 team to cheer for as well.

ISU being so bad in basketball and Iowa being good has made a lot of ISU fans extremely salty lately.

• Disagree
  • Dumb
Reactions: Cytown12 and JP4CY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa State being this bad is actually case in point that it is a down year in CBB. They are usually a tournament team. Covid and Prohm have proved to be a killer double team.
I disagree with this whole heartedly (sorry if you're being satire). Iowa State sucks because we suck.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't think so. Some Iowa fans were jealous of ISU's success in football no doubt, but at the same time at least they had a top 20 team to cheer for as well.

ISU being so bad in basketball and Iowa being good has made a lot of ISU fans extremely salty lately.
Yeah I'm not disputing that some of our fans aren't salty. There are fans that want to discredit almost everything this Iowa team does. There were also Iowa fans who discredited Iowa State at every turn of the corner last year.

My point was that Iowa fans should not have been jealous considering their team was still good. Iowa State fans at least have some reasoning as to why they're jealous, however either way you just look stupid.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
Michigan was not even in the preseason rankings. Is it that Iowa has just regressed and Michigan has advanced more? Sure Michigan has played fewer games than Iowa due to COVID, but their bigs have been a force and really outmuscled Garza. Even if they had Nunge for the whole game, I don't he is the difference maker in that game. I really see Michigan as a Final Four team. Playing well at the right time.
Are you trying to knock Iowa for not being as good as the #2 and hottest team in college basketball right now? Is that really an insult?

• Dumb
Reactions: cycloner29

GoIaHawkS

Feb 14, 2021
No, what I said is that ISU is normally a tourney team (7 times in 9 years, 10 after this year).
Well Iowa has been in the tourney 6 times in the last 10 years (Yes I’m counting last year because Iow away going to be in it) and soon to be 7 of the last 11, yet they show no sign of dropping off. Me thinks this is mostly about Prohm taking you guys off a cliff.

• Haha
Reactions: Cytown12

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Are you trying to knock Iowa for not being as good as the #2 and hottest team in college basketball right now? Is that really an insult?

What do you mean trying to knock and an insult? Just stating facts. You even said what I said in how Michigan is playing right now. Would love to see them face Gonzaga in the final game.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
NET isn't always straight chalk.

Legend isn't having his best day on here

But @CyTwins says it is straight chaulk?

If Iowa wins it's last two games, they are a 2 seed no matter what they do in the Big10 tournament. 1) because they will be top 8 in the Net. 2) because they will be 3rd in the toughest conference in the country.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

The majority of Iowa fans don't want to discuss certain issues of the football team and are afraid to admit that Frank may be more responsible for Iowa's wins than Fran.
Some Hawk fans think Iowa is winning in spite of Fran to be honest.

I think Iowa's got a great team but if you don't make a run with the all time assist leader and point scorer, it will be a letdown.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Yeah I'm not disputing that some of our fans aren't salty. There are fans that want to discredit almost everything this Iowa team does. There were also Iowa fans who discredited Iowa State at every turn of the corner last year.

My point was that Iowa fans should not have been jealous considering their team was still good. Iowa State fans at least have some reasoning as to why they're jealous, however either way you just look stupid.

ISU fans are really salty about Iowa's Basketball team. About the only poster on here NOT losing his mind over Iowa's basketball season is you.

I was jealous that ISU was in the Big12 and got to play in essence an entire season. That was all I was jealous of though. I mean it was only a matter of time before ISU was gonna eventually have a good season. Schools like Kansas have had their day, ISU was bound to as well.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The majority of Iowa fans don't want to discuss certain issues of the football team and are afraid to admit that Frank may be more responsible for Iowa's wins than Fran.
Some Hawk fans think Iowa is winning in spite of Fran to be honest.

I think Iowa's got a great team but if you don't make a run with the all time assist leader and point scorer, it will be a letdown.
It'll be like Iowa State this next year for football. I can honestly say if we don't make the Big 12 Title again with the talent / experience we bring back, it'll be a let down.

If Iowa doesn't make an Elite 8 with this squad, it'll be a let down.