Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Friggin amateur hour.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It's not something weird with Bolton. CyTwins props him up as some elite player while bashing guys like Bohannon, the McCaffrey's, Joe T, etc. He likes to call those guys "terrible". It really has nothing to do with you at all but you like to interject in anything and everything, so here we are.
Here's where your credibility is lost.. I don't think it's fair at all to prop up Bolton while bashing JBo. JBo has ended up being a very good player for Iowa. He's streaky, but sometimes good shooters are like that. He's a liability on defense but Bolton isn't great either.

However, please don't try comparing Joe T or Connor to Bolton. No, Rasir's game is not flawless and I'd even go as far as saying he's a below average PG, but where do you get off on thinking that Connor or Joe are remotely as good of players? Connor and Joe T both have only scored in double figures 2!!! times this entire season. Connor averages 4 ppg and Joe T averages 3.9 ppg. Bolton averages 15.7.

It'd be one thing if Connor or Joe were close behind Rasir, but they're not even close. Joe has scored 14 total points in the month of February for Gods sake lol.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Here's where your credibility is lost.. I don't think it's fair at all to prop up Bolton while bashing JBo. JBo has ended up being a very good player for Iowa. He's streaky, but sometimes good shooters are like that. He's a liability on defense but Bolton isn't great either.

However, please don't try comparing Joe T or Connor to Bolton. No, Rasir's game is not flawless and I'd even go as far as saying he's a below average PG, but where do you get off on thinking that Connor or Joe are remotely as good of players? Connor and Joe T both have only scored in double figures 2!!! times this entire season. Connor averages 4 ppg and Joe T averages 3.9 ppg. Bolton averages 15.7.

It'd be one thing if Connor or Joe were close behind Rasir, but they're not even close. Joe has scored 14 total points in the month of February for Gods sake lol.
FYI: If Connor, JBo, etc allow their opposing player to score 3 more pts than their season average, they are getting "abused."

• Agree
Reactions: Gitwitit

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

It's startling to me how Jorbo has actually broken a few records at Iowa. The player on the court that I watch that holds assist records over guys like Dean Oliver, Andre Woolridge, BJ Armstrong is baffling in that I actually consider those other guys to be decent to really good players. But I look a little further down the list and see Mike Gessell at #5 and I immediately discredit the entire thing.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008

I'm not comparing them to Bolton. I'm saying, don't tell me they are "terrible". If points scored are the only thing you look at when trying to determine a players value, you would be correct. Connor only shoots the ball 3.5 times per game. Joe T only 3.4 times per game. Of course they aren't going to score double digit points often. They still have value to the team as players, but it's not by scoring. You can't have 3-4 "terrible" players play double digit minutes with two of them being starters and still have the number 1 offense in the country. At least CyTwins dropped Murray off his list of terrible players at some point. He has enough sense to acknowledge that he was wrong about him.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's startling to me how Jorbo has actually broken a few records at Iowa. The player on the court that I watch that holds assist records over guys like Dean Oliver, Andre Woolridge, BJ Armstrong is baffling in that I actually consider those other guys to be decent to really good players. But I look a little further down the list and see Mike Gessell at #5 and I immediately discredit the entire thing.
Iowa's good but the 'rona or the "partial play the year to still get a redshirt" will have a gigantic impact on record books.

I have no idea on the list of all time games played at Iowa, but Jordan has to be way up there.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Gesell had 205 assists his senior year. By comparison, Bolton has 71 this year. Gesell was another guy called terrible by CyTwins. Monte Morris had 217 assists his senior year. Mike Gesell is no Monte Morris but he also isn't "terrible".

Reactions: breck53

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm not comparing them to Bolton. I'm saying, don't tell me they are "terrible". If points scored are the only thing you look at when trying to determine a players value, you would be correct. Connor only shoots the ball 3.5 times per game. Joe T only 3.4 times per game. Of course they aren't going to score double digit points often. They still have value to the team as players, but it's not by scoring. You can't have 3-4 "terrible" players play double digit minutes with two of them being starters and still have the number 1 offense in the country. At least CyTwins dropped Murray off his list of terrible players at some point. He has enough sense to acknowledge that he was wrong about him.
Points are not the only thing that makes a good basketball player, but using the argument that Connor and Joe just don't shoot enough is dumb. Bolton is a BAD 3 pt shooter but has been outstanding at scoring in the mid-range as well as attacking the rim, finishing and getting to the FT line. Connor and Joe are not threats on the offensive end whatsoever. The thing Connor was good at before was getting into the lane and drawing fouls but now he shoots a whopping 56% from the charity stripe.

He also just hangs out at the 3 pt line until the play breaks down and he gets to shoot open 3's while being a 33% 3 pt shooter. It's not good averaging 33% from 3 but also not be able to do anything else.

I like Murray and was also wrong about him. If he can excel and keep getting better he could be very good by the time he's done.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Connor and Bohannon are terrible

• Dumb
Reactions: Gitwitit

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Connor and Bohannon are terrible
I would like JBo on my team as a 3 point gunner off the bench. In my mind that does not make him terrible. Connor on the other hand would struggle to see any sort of minutes at other P5 schools.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Gesell had 205 assists his senior year. By comparison, Bolton has 71 this year. Gesell was another guy called terrible by CyTwins. Monte Morris had 217 assists his senior year. Mike Gesell is no Monte Morris but he also isn't "terrible".
He wasn't very good, even by most Iowa fans that I know standards. People I know said worse things about him than they do about Jorbo.

Also, meh on having more assists than a shooting guard playing in a covid-shortened season.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Points are not the only thing that makes a good basketball player, but using the argument that Connor and Joe just don't shoot enough is dumb. Bolton is a BAD 3 pt shooter but has been outstanding at scoring in the mid-range as well as attacking the rim, finishing and getting to the FT line. Connor and Joe are not threats on the offensive end whatsoever. The thing Connor was good at before was getting into the lane and drawing fouls but now he shoots a whopping 56% from the charity stripe.

He also just hangs out at the 3 pt line until the play breaks down and he gets to shoot open 3's while being a 33% 3 pt shooter. It's not good averaging 33% from 3 but also not be able to do anything else.

I like Murray and was also wrong about him. If he can excel and keep getting better he could be very good by the time he's done.
I think Murray has far exceeded most people's expectations as a Freshman. He may never be a 1st team Big Ten guy but should be a really solid player for 4 years. Every team needs guys like that I think.

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron