The Fran fade

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
May 20, 2019
Murray is starter caliber for most teams right now. Probably should be for the Hawks too every game. Playing time has already made him better.
I heard there were some unhappy Iowa fans who believe Murray should be starting over Connor.

BCClone

SuperFanatic
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
Murray is starter caliber for most teams right now. Probably should be for the Hawks too every game. Playing time has already made him better.
He may have, I haven’t much of Iowa’s games so I will take your word; but playing time will only improve you so much. A good coach will develop them into the next level.

jmb

Apr 12, 2006
Gesell had 205 assists his senior year. By comparison, Bolton has 71 this year. Gesell was another guy called terrible by CyTwins. Monte Morris had 217 assists his senior year. Mike Gesell is no Monte Morris but he also isn't "terrible".
1614013352510.png

Reactions: CyHawk1605

JP4CY

Plaque + alternates = down in the ladies room
SuperFanatic
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
There's no point in arguing it because no change will be made, but there is truly no reason Connor is starting at this point.
The minute usage has always been weird. Olaseni started 1 game his entire career and averaged less than 14 minutes. That never made sense to me either.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
May 20, 2019
The minute usage has always been weird. Olaseni started 1 game his entire career and averaged less than 14 minutes. That never made sense to me either.
Fran has always done a terrible job of minutes and playing more guys than he should.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
May 20, 2019
I'd start Keegan. He does need to become a better passer though.
That should come as the game slows down a bit and he gets more mature. I don't get the people that think Connor deserves the minutes he gets solely due to his passing ability. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad passer, he's good, but 3.2 apg isn't anything to really rant and rave about.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
That should come as the game slows down a bit and he gets more mature. I don't get the people that think Connor deserves the minutes he gets solely due to his passing ability. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad passer, he's good, but 3.2 apg isn't anything to really rant and rave about.
from this point on (assuming Fredrick is a GO) Garza, Wieskamp and Fredrick should all see at least 30 minutes unless in foul trouble. I don't care if Conner starts and finishes the game but I think Keegan should see more minutes overall. I have no idea what to do with the pg minutes at this point. flip a coin

Reactions: Statefan10

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
from this point on (assuming Fredrick is a GO) Garza, Wieskamp and Fredrick should all see at least 30 minutes unless in foul trouble. I don't care if Conner starts and finishes the game but I think Keegan should see more minutes overall. I have no idea what to do with the pg minutes at this point. flip a coin
I do. Play Ulis.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
I still don't know why you think he is so good. I understand he was a high profile recruit for a coach like Fran (still can't believe he didn't end up at UIC) but what has he done to make you think he's good?
Silky smooth ball handler, plays good defense, is a better option than Bohannon, and my genius opinion matters.