What to do with Coach Prohm Poll..

What should Pollard do with Prohm?

• Keep Prohm as coach and let him finish his contract

• Fire Prohm as head coach immediately and pay buyout

• Fire Prohm at end of season and pay buyout

Results are only viewable after voting.

socalcy

Jun 1, 2015
I wasn't saying anything about expecting him to do it. Just making an observation that if one coach can do it, why not Prohm? He's a stand up guy, and I know nothing about the Utah state coach, but anyone willing to sacrifice literally millions because it didn't sit well with him must be a pretty decent human being.
Being a good guy doesn’t always equate to being a good coach. I want Ted Lasso!

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I’m sold on Drakes coach. Guy is getting it done and even lost one of his best players in a transfer to Minnesota. They will make the tourney this year. No way Drake should ever be better than us. Plus, the future looks bright for them also.
If they had Robbins they would probably be too 25

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
TJ vs Craig Smith round 2 was last night as well. I'd take either guy honestly but watching UNLV, you do really get a Hoiberg feel. I really like the energy they bring (staff and players) and how hard they play. During Covid, I think it's interesting to see how the bench acts with no crowd, it tells a lot about program culture. Both teams were rowdy the entire night.

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
The ol' "your lawyer/agent talks to my lawyer/agent" because then everything is covered under attorney-client privilege, robbing any chance of accruing evidence for a tampering charge if somebody tried to pursue one.

I may be forgetting something, but I'm pretty sure when lawyers of two different parties talk its not an attorney-client privileged conversation.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
TJ vs Craig Smith round 2 was last night as well. I'd take either guy honestly but watching UNLV, you do really get a Hoiberg feel. I really like the energy they bring (staff and players) and how hard they play. During Covid, I think it's interesting to see how the bench acts with no crowd, it tells a lot about program culture. Both teams were rowdy the entire night.

Didn’t see the game, but curious how you would translate the differences you saw vs what you seen from a Prohm team?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Didn’t see the game, but curious how you would translate the differences you saw vs what you seen from a Prohm team?

Effort, they ran actual plays, guys knew how to set a screen, ball handlers know how to receive a screen, the coaching staff/bench was engaged, they ran multiple defenses, guys moved the ball instead of dribbling for 20 seconds, coaches found favorable matchups and took advantage of them, in an empty arena the bench created their own energy. The biggest thing that reminded me of the Hoiball era was guys chomping at the bit to make a play, everyone is almost begging for the ball, not to put up a shot but to keep the ball moving and get it to the guy who has the easiest play, basically they are playing for one another, as a team, not the 1 on 1 we see every night. The SDSU team that beat us this year had many of the same characteristics.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Passion, solid rotations on defense, rebounding, pushing the ball, a nice split between spacing and ball movement but yet able to run creative sets when the other team is on a run and you need a bucket. Honestly if we played UNLV, Colorado State, Utah State or San Diego State on a neutral court we would lose by double-digits against every one of those programs and there is a possibility that Colorado State and San Diego State could beat us by 20 plus if they shot the ball well.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Effort, they ran actual plays, guys knew how to set a screen, ball handlers know how to receive a screen, the coaching staff/bench was engaged, they ran multiple defenses, guys moved the ball instead of dribbling for 20 seconds, coaches found favorable matchups and took advantage of them, in an empty arena the bench created their own energy. The biggest thing that reminded me of the Hoiball era was guys chomping at the bit to make a play, everyone is almost begging for the ball, not to put up a shot but to keep the ball moving and get it to the guy who has the easiest play, basically they are playing for one another, as a team, not the 1 on 1 we see every night. The SDSU team that beat us this year had many of the same characteristics.

This is honestly my biggest thing with the last few years under Steve, and this year with the lack of fans it has only exacerbated the lack of energy. You see these good, well coached teams and absolutely everyone is engaged. The guys on the bench, the coaching staff, everyone is giving all the energy they can. Then you look at our team and I see what looks like indifference. No energy, no emotion from the coaches down to the players.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
One of the things I can't stand about Prohm's teams the last few years is that they are horrible screeners.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
This is honestly my biggest thing with the last few years under Steve, and this year with the lack of fans it has only exacerbated the lack of energy. You see these good, well coached teams and absolutely everyone is engaged. The guys on the bench, the coaching staff, everyone is giving all the energy they can. Then you look at our team and I see what looks like indifference. No energy, no emotion from the coaches down to the players.

I felt we had that vs WVU on the road. But then again we played hard, played with confidence, got a lead, etc. Even that game feels like months ago compared to what we’ve seen lately.

• Agree
Reactions: aobie

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I felt we had that vs WVU on the road. But then again we played hard, played with confidence, got a lead, etc. Even that game feels like months ago compared to what we’ve seen lately.

When we have stretches of playing competently I always get a kick out of all the "Wow the boys are playing hard tonight" tweets. It's easy to play with some emotion when shots are falling in. It's when they aren't that you really need some energy.

• Winner
Reactions: ATCy and 67CY

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Program Culture, the same reasons CMC and the fb program succeed are the same reasons the bball team struggles.

Reactions: ATCy

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
When we have stretches of playing competently I always get a kick out of all the "Wow the boys are playing hard tonight" tweets. It's easy to play with some emotion when shots are falling in. It's when they aren't that you really need some energy.

Great point. And older teams with experienced guys who have played together tend to get out of those funks faster. When you are young and no real established older core...you get valleys that run weeks.

Help Support Us

Become a patron