What should Pollard do with Prohm?

• Keep Prohm as coach and let him finish his contract

• Fire Prohm as head coach immediately and pay buyout

• Fire Prohm at end of season and pay buyout

Results are only viewable after voting.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
We know Prohm (like McDermott) can coach. He's had success. They need talented players to succeed though, and they both went through long stretches (3-4 years) at ISU when they struck out on high profile recruits and the plan B players were more like plan C players.

McDermott needed to go though and so does Prohm.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Will be interesting to see if Prohm jumps ship for Wichita State after the season ends like McDermott did for Creighton.
I can’t imagine anyone wants Prohm at this point though

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I can’t imagine anyone wants Prohm at this point though

I could see him being a recruiter at a mid to high level program, but that's probably his realistic ceiling for a couple of years at least. I don't want him to be our coach after this season, but I don't hold any ill will towards him in terms of his future prospects.

Reactions: chadly82

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
I could see him being a recruiter at a mid to high level program, but that's probably his realistic ceiling for a couple of years at least. I don't want him to be our coach after this season, but I don't hold any ill will towards him in terms of his future prospects.
Wow, things must be bad when posters who chastised anyone who questioned Prohm's ability in the past have even fallen off the wagon.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
On the one hand, I don’t want to pull any money away from the football program. On the other, this is KILLING the basketball program.
If Prohm comes back, Pollard needs to insist on a overhaul of his staff. There cannot be status quo on the bench.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Wow, things must be bad when posters who chastised anyone who questioned Prohm's ability in the past have even fallen off the wagon.

Oh FFS...

I didn't chastise other posters so much as I defended Prohm against those who decided to hate him and refuse to give him any sort of credit from Day One because they felt dejected and rejected by Fred when they realized he didn't love them quite as much as they loved him.

And I know this place a lot of times really doesn't like the concept of nuance or people changing their minds or opinions based on what's happening with teams and programs in real time from season to season, but I prefer to live my life in shades of grey instead of a fixed and rigid black or white mindset.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Ehhhhh I just think that’s wrong, the real reason is because he doesn’t know what to do in timeouts so he prefers not to use them

That's not true, he takes them all the f*cking time after a made basket when the team is doing good things and the crowd in Hilton was roaring. Instead of building momentum he would crush it. I never did understand why he did that.

Nococy

Jan 10, 2021
Fort Collins Co
On the one hand, I don’t want to pull any money away from the football program. On the other, this is KILLING the basketball program.
If Prohm comes back, Pollard needs to insist on a overhaul of his staff. There cannot be status quo on the bench.

That should of been part of the solution after last year. Unfortunately the hole is now is just getting deeper

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
That's not true, he takes them all the f*cking time after a made basket when the team is doing good things and the crowd in Hilton was roaring. Instead of building momentum he would crush it. I never did understand why he did that.
Is that why he didn't use any yesterday? We had no momentum to crush?

Reactions: chadly82

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Agreed lol god that drove me insane

Reactions: Halincandenza

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
All of this is focused on Prohm (rightfully so) but he’s not really tried to improve his staff. An inability to adjust when clearly things aren’t working is another sign. I mean, jeez, has Daniyal Robinson won anywhere he’s been over the past 10-15 years?