Players staying and leaving for 21-22 season

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Likely Staying:
WR: Joe Scates (Based on twitter post)

I noticed the inclusion of Scates on the OP's list, and it felt odd but I didn't give it much thought until I just saw another tweet from Scates himself today.

Are we going to start speculating on every underclassman who isn't in the starting lineup? And why the heck are fans asking him such questions directly? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I noticed this inclusion of Scates on the OP's list, and it felt odd but didn't give it much thought until I just saw another tweet from Scates himself today. Are we just going to start speculating on every underclassman who isn't in the starting lineup? And why the heck are fans asking him these questions directly? :rolleyes:

b/c fans on twitter are morons.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
b/c fans on twitter are morons.

giphy.gif

Heh, okay, I feared I already knew that answer. We the Internet are the worst.

Let me try to rephrase: Why are some worried about Scates specifically amongst the dozens of talented underclassmen we have that aren't starting? Was there a specific event I missed earlier this year, or rumors floating around earlier this season?

• Haha
Reactions: CoachHines3

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
giphy.gif

Let me try to rephrase: Why are some worried about Scates specifically amongst the dozens of talented underclassmen we have that aren't starting? Was there a specific event I missed earlier this year, or rumors floating around earlier this season?

i agree, though.

its almost as if you don't play or get limited snaps you're automatically going to transfer. That just the culture of overall CFB, i think.

not the culture at Iowa State.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Nwangwu was great for us, but I really think that Brock and some other players and ready (and able) to fill the void.

Nwangwu likely won't get drafted, but I'll be surprised if he doesn't land on a team and have a solid 5-10 year career with ST duties and some scat back snaps. He has speed, plays hard, and rarely makes mistakes. Best of luck to Nene and hopefully he gets drafted (making his path easier).

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Next man in on the depth chart at RB and kick returns. Jirehl Brock is a perfectly capable backup RB and already was seeing meaningful snaps on passing downs as a blocker. He'll probably get a shot as the #1 KR too and would guess that Milton will be in the mix there too. This staff has done a great job filling in spots when a key player is done and I would expect they already anticipated Kene and Lang leaving before it became public. We already know Hall is likely gone after next year too so RB certainly will be a focus in recruiting.

cloneclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2018
I noticed this inclusion of Scates on the OP's list, and it felt odd but didn't give it much thought until I just saw another tweet from Scates himself today. Are we just going to start speculating on every underclassman who isn't in the starting lineup? And why the heck are fans asking him such questions directly? :rolleyes:

I just added him because I saw a tweet from him early on about next year. Just trying to give as much clarity as possible on next year's team.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

I think it’s more that he was a high four star who “hasn’t developed”, and some people expect him to try somewhere else, settle for a smaller school.

Me, I think that it’s just that he hasn’t put it all together yet, and hope he has a good Sean Foster impression waiting in him.

Preferably this fall. This kid has tons of talent and athleticism.

Reactions: GetAwesome

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Good for him. He can find a place to get more snaps. Best of luck to him

I feel like he was set to get a lot of snaps next year.... this one surprises me. Maybe he knows Lee will start and Singleton will be 2nd string ahead of him?