GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
So where we at? Did I forget anyone?

Confirmed Back:
QB: Brock Purdy
RB: Breece Hall (Sophomore has to come back)
WR: Joe Scates
TE: Chase Allen
OL: Sean Foster
LB: Mike Rose
DT/DE: Enyi Uwazurike

Significant players TBD:
TE: Charlie Kolar (maybe leaving based on post game comments)
LB: Jake Hummel
S: Greg Eisworth

Confirmed Leaving:
RB: Kene Nwangwu (starting KR), Johnnie Lang (Transfer)
TE: Dylan Soehner (starter), Skylar Loving-Black (Transfer)
DL: Jaquan Bailey (starter), Latrell Bankston (Transfer), Josh Bailey (Transfer)
DB: Lawrence White (starter / signed with agent), Arnold Azuna

Both Arnold's are leaving, Azuna and Azunna.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I haven’t read the whole thread, but this just occurred to me. If Kolar comes back, we return all 11 starters on offense. Plus Chase Allen and plus Trevor Downing.
That sounds pretty damn good.

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
Hummel is a welcome addition back.

He is one of those guys I do wonder if he’ll face competition to keep the starting spot, though.

Reactions: heitclone

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
Hummel is a welcome addition back.

He is one of those guys I do wonder if he’ll face competition to keep the starting spot, though.

This is great news. Hummel is not a flashy player
but is extremely sound and great in coverage. This will keep him in the starting lineup.

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
This is great news. Hummel is not a flashy player
but is extremely sound and great in coverage. This will keep him in the starting lineup.
Yep. I certainly wouldn’t mind if he’s in the starting lineup next year. Wouldn’t be a bad thing.

It would be more of a situation where a younger talent breaks out and takes some snaps away. (Like Rose back in 2018)

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
He was pretty darn solid last year. The main thing is that if all three guys are back next year. They already knowing exactly what the other 2 are going to do.

Yup, the only good thing might be that if a younger guy were to outplay him (I don't think they will) that means they are pretty salty. It's great to get Jake back, it's gonna be a long 8 months waiting for this team to get back on the field.

• Winner
Reactions: FeedBreece

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Kolar and Eisworth are the last two big names on the board. Any idea what the scholarship count will be after this Covid season?

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Kolar and Eisworth are the last two big names on the board. Any idea what the scholarship count will be after this Covid season?
It's hard to say, but don't be susprised if a couple more kids transfer out for more PT.

A friend told me that he heard Ezeriah Anderson is possibly transferring to UCF. Probably nothing to that but who knows. With Alex Golesh on the UCF staff I could see that happening.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
It's hard to say, but don't be susprised if a couple more kids transfer out for more PT.

A friend told me that he heard Ezeriah Anderson is possibly transferring to UCF. Probably nothing to that but who knows. With Alex Golesh on the UCF staff I could see that happening.
fully expect a few more transfers out as well as some coming in. It always works out in the end, I just enjoy keeping up on it.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
All aboard the Howard Brown express.
Sounds like you’re sleeping on J.R. Singleton.
Right now it looks like 85+4 next fall, with Kolar and White among those yet to announce. So maybe 85+6, though that seems doubtful to me.

That help?

Reactions: nrg4isu

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I’d like to see him occasionally used on offense as an H back and/or taking snaps out of a wildcat formation in goal line & short yardage situations.

Would use Dekkers at QB first. He can run. And pass. And you really don’t get better than snapping the ball to Brock Purdy in short yardage and goal line situations.

Reactions: khardbored

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Has there been any talk on Rivera or Dunn coming back to punt? Maybe we are planning on never having to punt next year with all the returning talent coming back.
I thought I read somewhere that both Dunn and Assalley are coming back. Might have imagined that though.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm really happy to hear about Hummel coming back. He's very solid and underrated IMO. Isn't he one of the fastest guys on the team.... I thought I had heard that. If so, it's nice to have that kind of speed at the LB position.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron