nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
So where we at? Did I forget anyone?

Confirmed Back:
QB: Brock Purdy
RB: Breece Hall (Sophomore has to come back)
WR: Joe Scates
TE: Chase Allen
OL: Sean Foster
LB: Mike Rose
DT/DE: Enyi Uwazurike

Significant players TBD:
TE: Charlie Kolar (maybe leaving based on post game comments)
LB: Jake Hummel
S: Greg Eisworth

Confirmed Leaving:
RB: Kene Nwangwu (starting KR), Johnnie Lang (Transfer)
TE: Dylan Soehner (starter), Skylar Loving-Black (Transfer)
DL: Jaquan Bailey (starter), Latrell Bankston (Transfer), Josh Bailey (Transfer)
DB: Lawrence White (starter / signed with agent), Arnold Azuna

Reactions: t-noah

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

Confirmed Back:

Significant players TBD:

Confirmed Leaving:
DL: Jaquan Bailey (starter), Latrell Bankston (Transfer), Josh Bailey (Transfer)
I’d add Greg Eisworth under “TBD”—though I think he should take his healthy year, and go get paid.

• Agree
Reactions: Yaz and nrg4isu

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Confirmed Back:

Significant players TBD:

Confirmed Leaving:
J. Brock

• Creative
Reactions: Aclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't see that as likely, he's moving up the depth chart by Kene leaving. He's 1 play away from being the every down back and likely will see the field a whole lot regardless.

And he's still technically got 4 years left of eligibility. I know he didn't have much production as the 3rd down back but that's a pretty important role for a RS frosh to play, especially with the experience the guys ahead of him had. Pass blocking and receiving are usually skills that take time to develop, he's got a bright future.

EJ4CY

Feb 11, 2007
Lenexa KS
just a hunch, but with Dylan leaving, Skylar LB sees no potential to play for a few reasons, 1. He's not good enough and or Charlie is coming back. If Charlie does go to the league, I'd expect the coaching staff to look for a few impact WR in juco or transfer portal and we would see an offense more like 2 years ago..

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
These dudes clearly talked about this throughout the season. When Bankston announced he was transferring my first thought was Uwazurike is coming back. Just a hunch but wouldn't be surprised if the Azunna news directly correlates to Eisworth (and that would be enormous).

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
just a hunch, but with Dylan leaving, Skylar LB sees no potential to play for a few reasons, 1. He's not good enough and or Charlie is coming back. If Charlie does go to the league, I'd expect the coaching staff to look for a few impact WR in juco or transfer portal and we would see an offense more like 2 years ago..
Uh...wut?

Regardless if Charlie Kolar coming back, Chase Allen is. With Easton Dean and DeShawn Hanika both very athletic, and Tyler Moore coming in as an early enrollee, the TE room has no issues whatsoever, regardless of what Charlie does or doesn’t do.

Given that Loving-Black has been a nonentity all year on the sidelines (and apparently social media), I’m guessing that something else is going on that has his full attention more than simple playing time.

And...we have plenty of talented young wideouts.

Last edited:

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Uh...wut?

Regardless is Charlie Kolar coming back, Chase Allen is. With Easton Dean and DeShawn Hanika both very athletic, and Tyler Moore coming in as an early enrollee, the TE room has no issues whatsoever, regardless of what Charlie does or doesn’t do.

Given that Loving-Black has been a nonentity all year on the sidelines (and apparently social media), I’m guessing that something else is going on that has his full attention more than simple playing time.

And...we have plenty of talented young wideouts.
A couple thoughts on SL-B. He was a Golesh recruit so who knows if that might be a factor. He is also from Ca where we have basically stopped recruiting. Five star culture might not be for everyone.

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
Has there been any talk on Rivera or Dunn coming back to punt? Maybe we are planning on never having to punt next year with all the returning talent coming back.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Has there been any talk on Rivera or Dunn coming back to punt? Maybe we are planning on never having to punt next year with all the returning talent coming back.

I don't know.

But, boy, it seems like we hardly ever punted this year

Reactions: Javinegli

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Looking at our 2 deep for the Fiesta bowl this is where we currently stand:

QB: same
RB: lose Kene and Lang
TE: lose Soehner and likely Kolar
OL: everyone is back?
DL: lose the Bailey boys and Blankston
LB: No losses except for possibly Hummel
DB: lose White and probably Eisworth, Azunna to transfer
Assalley and Rivera are seniors as kickers

We are not losing much and the next up at the positions we lose players at I am confident this staff has prepared them.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Looking at our 2 deep for the Fiesta bowl this is where we currently stand:

QB: same
RB: lose Kene and Lang
TE: lose Soehner and likely Kolar
OL: everyone is back?
DL: lose the Bailey boys and Blankston
LB: No losses except for possibly Hummel
DB: lose White and probably Eisworth, Azunna to transfer
Assalley and Rivera are seniors as kickers

We are not losing much and the next up at the positions we lose players at I am confident this staff has prepared them.

Somewhat surprised we haven't heard anything on Hummel. He was a true senior this year, correct? Would be pretty surprised at this point if he doesn't come back for his 5th year.

Fingers crossed 1 of 2 between Kolar and Eisworth come back and let's roll! Both would be a grandslam.

If the above plays out we'd be returning 19 of 22 starters from a top ten finish, correct? Lose Bailey, White and lets say Eisworth. That doesn't account for the addition of Downing arguably our best lineman.

Reactions: CYdTracked

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I’m surprised Lang is gone with Kene leaving. It’s nice to have that speed option that Breece doesn’t quite have.

That being said, our team would be ******* with this type of talent leaving in the past, yet I’m not seeing a drop off with who’s in the reserves. This is nuts.

Reactions: CoKane

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Somewhat surprised we haven't heard anything on Hummel. He was a true senior this year, correct? Would be pretty surprised at this point if he doesn't come back for his 5th year.

Fingers crossed 1 of 2 between Kolar and Eisworth come back and let's roll! Both would be a grandslam.

If the above plays out we'd be returning 19 of 22 starters from a top ten finish, correct? Lose Bailey, White and lets say Eisworth. That doesn't account for the addition of Downing arguably our best lineman.
The only one we really needed was Chase, and that to provide some experience and leadership in the TE room.

Some attrition among the seniors allows room for adaptation and dynamic growth, rather than remaining static. That’s how college football works.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron