Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
That Iowa team was better than this year's ISU team is what my post said.

How could you know that? That's like me saying the 2014 clones would blow this Iowa team out of the gym. Other than BS argument, how could I know that? The point stands in that group of clones should have rolled beavis and butthead in 2012......just like the Hawks should roll tonight. I'm not looking for a win tonight at all. Just understanding iahawks point about maybe being a little nervous. If you are not that's fine.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
We got crushed against Depaul 2 games in last year. They sucked too.
I think i know Iowa is good. I'm not sure they're great though yet if that's what you're implying. I guess it just boils down to your confidence vs mine. I hope you're right again

Yep, and it is just one game where anything could happen. Best out of 7 and it isn't a discussion, but one game ISU could win.

Reactions: GoHawks

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
He wants to troll like Twins.

You guys could only wish you could troll. This is about all you and @Rebel can do to troll:

tenor.gif

• Dumb
Reactions: Rebel

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Would Prohm switch his lineup tonight and go bigger. Conditt or foster on garza and solomon at the 4? I think that would be a good adjustment imo

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
If this were any other opponent that Iowa State, I could see big trap game here. But in fact I think it's quite the opposite. They'll be ready and they will win convincingly. Just not enough time for this ISU team to gel. I think if played in January or later it could be a close-within 10-type of game, but I'm not holding my breath for that type of outcome tonight. Cyclone players are still at the point where it's almost like they're coming to the gym in separate cars and playing with each other for the first time, vs a bunch of 3rd, 4th and 5th year guys that have been playing together for years. The circumstances suck, but you play the games on your schedule I suppose.

• Haha
Reactions: Rebel

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
Would Prohm switch his lineup tonight and go bigger. Conditt or foster on garza and solomon at the 4? I think that would be a good adjustment imo

I would love it if Conditt or Foster was the main guy guarding Garza tonight.

And who would Young guard starting at the 4?

• Disagree
Reactions: cycloner29

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

Have a feeling Foster would get a lot of quick fouls if they put him on Garza.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I would love it if Conditt or Foster was the main guy guarding Garza tonight.

And who would Young guard starting at the 4?
I think conditt in particular would do a better job on Garza than Solo. Could be wrong. I would put solo on Mccaffery and double off mccaffery