We have laid several title eggs over the years

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
We're easily good enough to win this thing and move on. Might as well just do it.
We're ready to take the next step. And if it doesn't happen tomorrow then there's next year.

And that isn't just a hollow saying.

I truly believe ISU football is on the cusp on great things. And as an old person fan since 1976 that's hard to believe. But I do.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Lol good points. Comparing this year team to 04/05 is more like comparing apples to a cardboard box.
To add to that, that ‘05 team was pretty good and had close losses. People also need to realize that ISU literally avoided the three best team in the conference in UT, TTU and OU. At the time it felt like the Baylor loss was such a head scratcher. Realistically they were 2-6 in conference. ISU was 4-4. Baylor didn’t play terrible KU and KSU and mediocre CU.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'm finding it hard to enjoy Thanksgiving, just want to get to tomorrow. I've got a good feeling about the game.
Couldn’t agree more. I can’t wait another 22 hours. Anyone else feel me?

tenor.gif

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Lol good points. Comparing this year team to 04/05 is more like comparing apples to a cardboard box.

Just the entire era is different. With a chance this year we can look at next year and still have generally good expectations. Even with '05 being a decent team they didn't have depth and were still very limited whereas even after last weekend you get the feeling the current team has parts that are just getting started.

• Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
really after seeing a few previews about this game I feel even better.. most have picked Texas but say it really is a pick em game... all of them mention Ehlinger but outside of him who does Texas really have on offense?? they all mention the Texas defense and the run game for us.. yet fail to mention Texas is ranked #51 while we are #38 in total defense.. the points spread they fail to mention the special teams TDs we have given up over the year there. Manning has seemed to adjust and has Purdy on more roll outs and Purdy seems to be keeping the option more as well on the back side picking up yardage there.. it might be close still but I feel like we will hand Ehlinger and Texas a loss on their last home game more and more...