We have laid several title eggs over the years

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
To be fair, Matt has gotten his teams out of no where to look good after bad losses too.
People have to realize, we don’t suck anymore. We are a good team. We will lose games but being a team that typically wins 8 games a season is a very nice base to build. I know we want the special 10-11 win season, without Covid, we would most likely be looking at it.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
People have to realize, we don’t suck anymore. We are a good team. We will lose games but being a team that typically wins 8 games a season is a very nice base to build. I know we want the special 10-11 win season, without Covid, we would most likely be looking at it.
Agreed. I think a lot of have PTSD from watching cyclone football for decades, myself included. If we win tomorrow, I hope the younger fans realize how big of deal it is.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
The egg-laying(s) in '04 and '05, as much of a bummer it was, ISU needed help to get into that situation, it was backed-doored in a sense. This year we're leading the league. Maybe losing this time would be a more crushing blow because of that, but also more confident we're capable of slamming the door.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The egg-laying(s) in '04 and '05, as much of a bummer it was, ISU needed help to get into that situation, it was backed-doored in a sense. This year we're leading the league. Maybe losing this time would be a more crushing blow because of that, but also more confident we're capable of slamming the door.
Also consider who we are fighting. In 04/05, OU and UT were in the other side, so was OSU. We would be fighting kstate and WV for that spot.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Agreed. I think a lot of have PTSD from watching cyclone football for decades, myself included. If we win tomorrow, I hope the younger fans realize how big of deal it is.

I probably fit under the younger fan title and I still have PTSD from Cyclone football

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
2004 and 2005 do not bother me beyond losing the game(s) that lost the North Championship(s). At least ISU didn't have to get trounced by 2004 Oklahoma and 2005 Texas like Colorado did. Not sure if the risk-reward would have been worth it.

This year is more like 1976 when (8-2) Iowa State was a win away @ Oklahoma State from winning the Big 8 and going to the Orange Bowl. Lost the game, dropped to (8-3) and No Bowl!

Let's Go State! Beat the 'Horns!

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Isn't this the 4th guaranteed winning season for the first time ever at ISU?

Expecting bowl eligibility with some truly legit players to me won't get old.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Yeah it felt like in those seasons that ISU basically sputtered their way into position.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
04 and 05 were not really like this at all. ISU was nowhere near being a top 2 team in the conference those years. That was purely a function of having a decent team in a horrible division. 2018 it really wasn’t pissing down the leg. That ISU team wasn’t right late that season. Purdy was banged up and they just weren’t sharp anymore. At that game in Austin ISU was no longer a championship level team, and was lucky to beat KSU and Drake.
We are 7 games into the conference season and it is pretty much consensus that ISU and OU are the two best teams in the conference. That alone is completely unprecedented in most of our time as fans.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
04 and 05 were not really like this at all. ISU was nowhere near being a top 2 team in the conference those years. That was purely a function of having a decent team in a horrible division. 2018 it really wasn’t pissing down the leg. That ISU team wasn’t right late that season. Purdy was banged up and they just weren’t sharp anymore. At that game in Austin ISU was no longer a championship level team, and was lucky to beat KSU and Drake.
We are 7 games into the conference season and it is pretty much consensus that ISU and OU are the two best teams in the conference. That alone is completely unprecedented in most of our time as fans.
Lol good points. Comparing this year team to 04/05 is more like comparing apples to a cardboard box.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron