Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Being that we have gotten some moisture in the last couple of weeks I was thinking of renting an aerator because now it might actually pull a reasonable plug.
Home Depot has a 4 hour minimum which would cost me about $70. You would need 2 people to make that worth the money because it would probably be cheaper to just hire someone to do it. I liked it when I used to have a tool rental a couple of miles from home. They had a 2 hour minimum so I could just get home, do the work and get it back in time.

Reactions: wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Notify my programs that I am leaving and one good looking co-worker responds with

"NNNOOOOOOOOOO!! You can't leave before we are back in the office! I've always seen your cheery face in the hallways and I finally get a chance to work with you and it's all virtual! So bummed!"

I am just going to assume that she is into me. Yup that is definitely it.

Reactions: NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Notify my programs that I am leaving and one good looking co-worker responds with

"NNNOOOOOOOOOO!! You can't leave before we are back in the office! I've always seen your cheery face in the hallways and I finally get a chance to work with you and it's all virtual! So bummed!"

JAFb7WG.gif

• Winner
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Wait, what? Did I miss you going somewhere?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The people across the street sold their house, New owners haven't moved in yet. Yesterday I noticed a vehicle over there for a short period of time and then was gone but the garage door was left open. I waited a while to see if anyone returned but no.
After a couple of hours I just went over hit the button and ran out of the garage to get the door closed. You don't want a vacant house vulnerable like that. It would be too easy for someone to kick in the garage entry door.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Ways DMACC impressed me over the last few days:
1. Dean set a Zoom meeting for adjuncts on Friday. Sounded important. Turned out he just wanted to see people, and felt it would be important for us to see people. Nearly all of us aren't hired for spring, so whatever, but a nice waste of time.

2. They once again sent out their fund-raiser flyer to me before paying me. Why the everlasting # of stars would I donate to an employer, and why would I do it before they're even paying me? I don't think they understand the relationship here. I know that I don't.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
When you wait until the Tuesday before Thanksgiving to buy a turkey, you end up having to buy a 20lb bird.

Turkey tetrazini it is for leftovers!

Reactions: CloneLawman

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
When you wait until the Tuesday before Thanksgiving to buy a turkey, you end up having to buy a 20lb bird.

I probably ordering in a turkey pizza. They will be offering turkey pizza won't they?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That sounds extremely nasty. Maybe have a squirrel pizza, but remember to go light because they are high in cholesterol.

Well, I ain't cooking a turkey and my mini-pod dissolved on me so it is just me. Will probably roast some pig tenderloin. Did buy some sage dressing from Byerly's, it actually pairs nicely with the pig and some whole cranberry bean sauce. And wine, may "some" wine.

BTW, I really do ******* hate 2020 but it could be worse.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneLawman

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

I picked up a 14lb for myself. Vacuum seal some and Turkey Ala King FTW

Status
Not open for further replies.