Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
My boss essentially wants me to start babysitting 4 full time employees at work even though A) it’s not in my job description and B) I offered to become the manager that would be in charge of them back in the Spring and he turned me down. One of those 4 employees includes the person they picked to be that manager.

I’m thinking about telling him I’ll do it with a raise and the manager title since they have proven to not listen to me before since I don’t have that title.
Is that in addition to your duties regarding captives?

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Well I make work in a covid mill but my boss okayed me getting a standing desk. I made a compelling case that the 1960s cubes we have aren't meant for people over 6 feet tall for 8 hours. He being taller than me but office dwelling understood my plight

Reactions: SaraV and NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Would
Would vegetable oil work? All the local stores have. No sams or costcos within reason either.
When deep frying a turkey, you can use any cooking oil that has a smoke point above 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Corn oil works well because it doesn't smoke until 440 degrees Fahrenheit. However, canola oil (also known as vegetable oil) isn't a good choice because it smokes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So what was the special part of them? Did they get a deal?
He had unique sayings on them he said. Just basic script lettering also. He was wearing one that looking like he took a sharpie to a white T-shirt. He also said he refused to advertise that people would ask each other where they got them. Was from the twin cities. I think it was one of the first ones. A lot of morons were on it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When deep frying a turkey, you can use any cooking oil that has a smoke point above 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Corn oil works well because it doesn't smoke until 440 degrees Fahrenheit. However, canola oil (also known as vegetable oil) isn't a good choice because it smokes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then why is there vegetable oil and canola oil? Maybe I will buy some peanut oil and mix them. It will at least reduce the amount of leftover oil and should bump the temp up some.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Then why is there vegetable oil and canola oil? Maybe I will buy some peanut oil and mix them. It will at least reduce the amount of leftover oil and should bump the temp up some.
If you go to the canola website they say canola oil is fine because you cook the turkey at 350. Pretty confusing. Can you get a jug of corn oil?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Random:

Not really seeing any good reason to not make Wednesday another pajama day.

It is Wednesday, I checked the calendar to confirm.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Mo' random:

Thanksgiving shopping for a car battery minder on Amazon. Thinking I need one for Das Audi since I hardly drive anywhere. Not sure a three mile drive to the grocery does much on the charging side of things.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Mo' random:

Thanksgiving shopping for a car battery minder on Amazon. Thinking I need one for Das Audi since I hardly drive anywhere. Not sure a three mile drive to the grocery does much on the charging side of things.
Drive her in second gear and rap her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.