*** Official #23 IOWA STATE vs Kansas Game(Day) Thread ***

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
don't look behind you Brock , its Dekkers ;););)
tenor.gif

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Purdy will never be replaced, and he shouldn't be unless injured..... but I will say.... that TD throw that Dekkers made is one that Purdy cannot make.

I'm not saying Purdy can't complete that pass for a TD.... but he can't do it like Dekkers just did. If you watch that replay.... Dekkers just flicks the ball with his wrist 30+ yds into a stiff wind with a perfect spiral, perfect trajectory, and perfect location.

Purdy could complete it, but it would take a lot more effort on his part...... he doesn't have that kind of arm.

I think the future is pretty bright for Dekkers. Granted it's only a couple plays into his ISU career..... but that kind of arm talent is pretty rare folks.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Purdy will never be replaced, and he shouldn't be unless injured..... but I will say.... that TD throw that Dekkers made is one that Purdy cannot make.

I'm not saying Purdy can't complete that pass for a TD.... but he can't do it like Dekkers just did. If you watch that replay.... Dekkers just flicks the ball with his wrist 30+ yds into a stiff wind with a perfect spiral, perfect trajectory, and perfect location.

Purdy could complete it, but it would take a lot more effort on his part...... he doesn't have that kind of arm.

I think the future is pretty bright for Dekkers. Granted it's only a couple plays into his ISU career..... but that kind of arm talent is pretty rare folks.

To be fair there's been plenty of QBs at ISU that have been very impressive in a small sample size when the opponent had no prep for them. That includes Purdy just two seasons ago.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
If OSU loses to Texas, we're back in first place. However, I'm kind of hoping for OSU to win so Texas can be done for the season, especially since OSU already has the tie-breaker over us.

I don't want to think of what a three way tie-breaker between OU, ISU, and OSU looks like, so go OSU.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Nice to get the win, but pretty disappointed it took so long to get the second team in there. I wish our team had more of a killer mentality, that goes for both players and coaches. These are the games you want to reward your second team with at least 1 full Q of playing time for all the time and work they’ve put in. But instead, they get 2 mins. At least Dekkers got to throw a nice looking TD pass though.
You played on the second team in high school didn’t you ;)

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
To be fair there's been plenty of QBs at ISU that have been very impressive in a small sample size when the opponent had no prep for them. That includes Purdy just two seasons ago.

Agree with all of that... except the last sentence. I've never seen Purdy make an effortless throw like that into a stiff wind with a perfect spiral from over 30 yds out.

• Agree
Reactions: Scruff and bos

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Agree with all of that... except the last sentence. I've never seen Purdy make an effortless throw like that into a stiff wind with a perfect spiral from over 30 yds out.

It sure was pretty.