Anyone want to Buy a Race Track?

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Meth, forearm tattoos, sparkly butt jeans, hawk fans, Wal-Mart folk, broken dreams, etc.

Shiiiittt man, I have a vacation place in Sully.
I was concerned you were being serious. I grew up there during the good Maytag years and then a little while after they left. Totally different place. Shockingly so. Anyway, the Taco John's there is still killer though.

I heard on the radio the other day that they are getting some new pizza place or something.
Northern Lights Pizza. So gross.

Reactions: Macloney

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I was concerned you were being serious. I grew up there during the good Maytag years and then a little while after they left. Totally different place. Shockingly so. Anyway, the Taco John's there is still killer.

That TJ's was always banging!

I was big on Sizzlin Sam's back in those days and we probably dine and dashed that Perkins a million times.

Reactions: Stewo

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
That TJ's was always banging!

I was big on Sizzlin Sam's back in those days and we probably dine and dashed that Perkins a million times.
The last time I remember eating at Sizzilin Sam's, I was with my parents before going to watch the first Jurassic Park in theaters. That was 27 years ago. Jeesh.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
IAHSAA/IGHSAU should buy it and use it for every outdoor state championship event

Im kidding - but i've said for years that state xc there would be actually be a decent spot

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
IAHSAA/IGHSAU should buy it and use it for every outdoor state championship event

Im kidding - but i've said for years that state xc there would be actually be a decent spot
I personally think state cross country should be on the ISU course.

Kennedy Park does lay out really, really well for fans however. Logistics suck but I'm guessing that's an issue just about anywhere when there's that many races/teams/individuals.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
This is probably like your local K-Mart being closed back in 2000. Rip off the band aid now.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Hope the rumors of Roger Penske buying it play out. The Indycar races there were fun.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
That's very unfortunate. I was hopeful that when NASCAR bought it for pennies on the dollar they would actually put a focus on it and it could thrive. Instead they've just left it for dead. Once Jimmy moved on, promotion of the speedway also went away.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Gonna buy it and make a killing letting people drive go-karts around the track while shooting each other with paintball guns.

That would be awesome. Maybe just make a real life Mario Kart track where you shoot their car and it stops for a few seconds.

Feels like the possibilities are endless.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I use to go cruise all 5 stores in the Newton mall back in the day. Had a pretty good store with a decent selection of cds and vhs. Then maybe go get some 31 flavors outside the Wal Mart. Catch a drive in movie or go roller skating at the rink. Get some Giovannis pizza. Still wonder why in the hell there was a billboard advertising for the House on the Rock along highway 6. Good times. I haven't driven through the actual town of Newton in decades.