*** Official Louisiana VS #23 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Sports are sports. So excited we could actually play. Obviously that game was a clunker but have to flush it and move on.

All credit to Louisiana, they looked hungry. Let's tear up the Big 12. Still lots of games left.

Reactions: 3rdCoastClone

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I was out running an errand and had cyclone reaction on with CW and Jack. One caller predictably said the following "we are so far from where have come". I'm so tired of this excuse and it will be what keeps us from going to the next level.

• Agree
Reactions: Chipper

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I was out running an errand and had cyclone reaction on with CW and Jack. One caller predictably said the following "we are so far from where have come". I'm so tired of this excuse and it will be what keeps us from going to the next level.

ISU went from 3-4 wins to 7-8 wins. That's doubling up on wins but it's not like a gigantic leap. Getting worked at home by G5 schools isn't much different than the CPR years.

I know body language mention is a CF sin but ISU looked like a team in mid-November that's ready for the season to be over.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I’ve been reading around after the loss of today’s game. Looks like people feel that ISU is overrated, Purdy is at best the 6th or 7th best QB in the Big 12, and that ISU won’t win 4 games this year, and Campbell was embarrassing and pathetic to give up late in the 4th.
and honestly, I have to agree with that narrative after today’s game.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
Agree
Despite all our errors, Louisiana won because of their secondary’s ability to very effectively play man to man, completely shutting down our offense. Our receivers were never open.
They seemed to be good at getting there just early enough to disrupt the play but not so early as to draw a flag... which it seemed like there should have been several...

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
The one time I noticed Akers out there he had the step he needed but just missed on the throw
This is true, imo. An overthrow by Purdy May have cost a touchdown. That said, most of the time they were in our hip pocket. We could not create separation.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Help Support Us

Become a patron