*** Official Louisiana VS #23 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Iluvteak

Oct 5, 2019
This team doesn’t seem to have any fire and excitement. Even going back to the end of the year last year. Could it be that they are being over coached? Are they having fun? Would it help if Brock could go back to being the exciting Brock? Rose back to the middle? Let the playmakers make plays. Get the team excited.

Amen to this. I’ve always felt Campbell is too serious. I never see any fun on the sidelines. He’s acting like my coaches in the 1980’s. Get over it. It’s a game Matt. Gotta loosen it up and make some connections with the players. Am I the only one annoyed at his seriousness in interviews. He may not be capable of chillin’ ??

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
This team doesn’t seem to have any fire and excitement. Even going back to the end of the year last year. Could it be that they are being over coached? Are they having fun? Would it help if Brock could go back to being the exciting Brock? Rose back to the middle? Let the playmakers make plays. Get the team excited.

not winning the individual battles collectively
something with process needs to be fixed
wide outs seem to be uncomfortable with people all over them

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Has ISU every played a good morning game? All my fond memories are mid after noon or night games.
ISU is 5-11 under Campbell in Sept games. Not sure its just a morning issue. September normally has very few P5 opponents. Mostly Iowa and that is it. Pretty pathetic really

• Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
To me, this was perhaps the most concerning thing about an overall crappy game. Playing badly, I've seen, but I've not yet seen Campbell coached teams quit, until today.

I think more concerning to me than the effort was the lack of talent. We used to have guys that jumped off the screen in Montgomery, Butler, and Lazard. Hall had his moments, Shaw was OK, but other than that, we looked very slow.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
No he was 18-36, 1 TD , 2 INT. I'm sure they sat him when it got out of hand though. Nothing better than when your team is flashing on the way up. Those were the days.

so true
upwards velocity (on earth) is the pinnacle of life
ive tried to explain this to people and it goes over their heads a lot

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I was just thinking that legit NFL quarterbacks don't have games like this, expecially vs. non Power 5 teams, but then I remembered that the only game we saw Mahomes play in college was the 66-10 game vs. us. Maybe there's some hope.

When will our fanbase stop talking about this like we won the Big 12? We're so embarrassing sometimes.

Taz4President

Oct 3, 2013
Austin TX
Amen to this. I’ve always felt Campbell is too serious. I never see any fun on the sidelines. He’s acting like my coaches in the 1980’s. Get over it. It’s a game Matt. Gotta loosen it up and make some connections with the players. Am I the only one annoyed at his seriousness in interviews. He may not be capable of chillin’ ??
Saban is pretty serious. His teams seem to do ok.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
On the positive side, based on today's performance, I'm not so sure we beat ANY NON-CON team we were bandying about prior to the season (UNLV, South Dakota). Heck, don't think we beat last year's UNI team today. SO, thank goodness we scheduled UL - because our loss today was to a team which is expected to run the table (instead of a poorer team like UNLV or S Dak). BTW, don't interpret this post that I am one bit happy about today's outcome - there's a heavy amount of sarcasm in the statements above.

My biggest frustration is that this is a huge pattern in the Campbell era - i.e. we look like a middling Valley team EVERY FRIKIN YEAR in our opening contest. This is honestly soooo frustrating, I don't even know what to think of our team this year. I am certainly done listening to our supposed CYFAN experts (with maybe the exception of Jay Jordan who doesn't usually mince words). :mad:

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

"overcoached" came up in multiple conversations I had with ISU fans today. Yes, the Oklahoma State defense in 2018 was atrocious, but watch Purdy in that game, and then compare it to what we saw today and a lot of times last year. He's slow, hesitant, and has no swagger. He's robotic.

• Agree
Reactions: HoustonClone

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
How with a continuous terrible oline play?
I didn't see as bad oline play as I did receivers not getting open. We weren't getting stuffed all that much, we just got behind and abandoned the run. Plus we don't know how badly Breece was dinged up. This game was a ******* **** show.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I think more concerning to me than the effort was the lack of talent. We used to have guys that jumped off the screen in Montgomery, Butler, and Lazard. Hall had his moments, Shaw was OK, but other than that, we looked very slow.

Yes, really alarming...looked very very very slow...everywhere on offense

offense might need a major overhaul, new scheme, break it down and start over.... wow, that was eye opening the lack of speed and talent there

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
"overcoached" came up in multiple conversations I had with ISU fans today. Yes, the Oklahoma State defense in 2018 was atrocious, but watch Purdy in that game, and then compare it to what we saw today and a lot of times last year. He's slow, hesitant, and has no swagger. He's robotic.
We need this Matt Campbell back
tenor.gif