Best and Worst Fans

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
A funny fan memory that popped in my head actually happened at the Rose Bowl. My dad and I were in our seats an hour early and about 15 minutes till game time, Tim Dwight and some of his buddies walked in and sat down right in front of us. 30 minutes into the game a clone fan walks in. Now you could tell he wasn’t going to be much fun because he kept yelling **** Iowa at the band and was talking to his other clone friend about how ISU should have killed Iowa in 2015. After it started getting ugly he turned around to my dad and said, “Man, Iowa ******* sucks. They are an embarrassment to the state and so are you and your son by wearing black and gold colors.” I remember getting pissed and telling him to go stick his head back up Seneca Wallace’s ass. Dwight turns over and joins in and just rips into the dude. About 90% of it was how ISU had never had a 10 win season, hadn’t won a conference or division title in over 100 years, and other stuff. That dude left after the third quarter because Timmy kept ripping into him. Most of the time I don’t condone that but this guy deserved every bit of it.

I'm just going to say it: I don't believe this. At all.

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
Haven't gone to a ton of away games so I don't have too many experiences. Although I did go to the Big 12 basketball tournament the year we beat West Virginia in the championship game. Had some WVU fans behind us and they were great the whole game.

They called Burton a "Run-Away Beer Truck" after he slammed that massive dunk. I think that's a good thing right? I don't speak West Virginian

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm just going to say it: I don't believe this. At all.

He lost me at an ISU fan attending a Rose Bowl game the Hawks were playing at. Even if the story is true by chance I have my doubts the fan was truly an ISU fan or grad either. I know there are idiot Cyclone fans too, I have personally witnessed some of it at JT myself but this story almost seems too crazy to believe it is true.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
He lost me at an ISU fan attending a Rose Bowl game the Hawks were playing at. Even if the story is true by chance I have my doubts the fan was truly an ISU fan or grad either. I know there are idiot Cyclone fans too, I have personally witnessed some of it at JT myself but this story almost seems too crazy to believe it is true.

Yeah, I can believe that there were ISU fans at the Rose Bowl (I've seen Iowa fans at every single ISU road or bowl game I've ever attended), but there's no way they were yelling "**** IOWA" at the band, with their kids, and then picking fights with Tim Dwight, and calling Iowa an "embarrassment to the state" when we were coming off a ******* 3-9 season.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Yeah, I can believe that there were ISU fans at the Rose Bowl (I've seen Iowa fans at every single ISU road or bowl game I've ever attended), but there's no way they were yelling "**** IOWA" at the band, with their kids, and then picking fights with Tim Dwight, and calling Iowa an "embarrassment to the state" when we were coming off a ******* 3-9 season.
Have you ever seen adjil post? And yes he was doing all those things. Some fans are idiots. Iowa has more then our share of them.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
You're also talking to a guy that told a grown man who to shove his head up a former college football players ass
If you were watching a game and your team was playing the worst they did all season, We had already been pissed at the band (my family is involved with farming and agriculture so yeah it pissed me off), and had a douche ISU fan to deal with, then yeah I was going to probably say things I normally wouldn’t.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Back to the original question of this topic I would say hands down my worst experiences at a road game have been at Iowa and it's not even close. I pretty much have decided I will never attend a game in Iowa City again as it just is not enjoyable from the minute you park your care till when you leave. I'm not even a confrontational person so before some Hawk fans says "well you probably did something to provoke it" no I never have and even when some asshat would say or throw something in my direction I just ignore and move on because a reaction is exactly what they want.

I've had great experiences anywhere else I have gone and that even includes some places mentioned here like Nebraska and Mizzou. Husker fans make be obnoxious and live in their own reality but every time I have been there was never subjected to any kind of treatment I have witnessed in Iowa City.

• Agree
Reactions: Candide

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Have you ever seen adjil post? And yes he was doing all those things. Some fans are idiots. Iowa has more then our share of them.
I don't really want to agree with this, but it is true. Many years ago my Iowa buddy came to our tailgate for the Iowa @ ISU game like he often did back then. He had gotten four tickets through the Iowa ticket office. His wife decided to not go to the game and since I didn't have tickets back then I went in to the game with him. As my Iowa buddy and his three ISU companions made his way to the top corner of JTS to find our seats we see a highly intoxicated ISU fan hurl all over the seat in front of her. I started the mantra of "please don't be my seat, please don't be my seat, please don't be my seat..." in my head. It turned out that she had hurled all over my buddy's seat. The companion of the girl who hurled gave my buddy his coat to sit on.

Did I mention this was an 11:00 game? And no, I did not offer to switch seats with him.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Back to the original question of this topic I would say hands down my worst experiences at a road game have been at Iowa and it's not even close. I pretty much have decided I will never attend a game in Iowa City again as it just is not enjoyable from the minute you park your care till when you leave. I'm not even a confrontational person so before some Hawk fans says "well you probably did something to provoke it" no I never have and even when some asshat would say or throw something in my direction I just ignore and move on because a reaction is exactly what they want.

I've had great experiences anywhere else I have gone and that even includes some places mentioned here like Nebraska and Mizzou. Husker fans make be obnoxious and live in their own reality but every time I have been there was never subjected to any kind of treatment I have witnessed in Iowa City.
I just feel it’s the rivalry. I haven’t been to a game in Ames is probably a decade. Iowa fans are obnoxious, and ISU fans are obnoxious. And I really feel it is only this rivalry that has that happen between Iowa and other teams because ISU fans are really the only fans of teams that complain about Iowa. Other teams fans come to message boards or post on social media that Iowa fans were awesome and really nice outside of PSU because no one wants to be nice to them.

• Creative
  • Disagree
Reactions: NWICY and CyTwins

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
I don't really want to agree with this, but it is true. Many years ago my Iowa buddy came to our tailgate for the Iowa @ ISU game like he often did back then. He had gotten four tickets through the Iowa ticket office. His wife decided to not go to the game and since I didn't have tickets back then I went in to the game with him. As my Iowa buddy and his three ISU companions made his way to the top corner of JTS to find our seats we see a highly intoxicated ISU fan hurl all over the seat in front of her. I started the mantra of "please don't be my seat, please don't be my seat, please don't be my seat..." in my head. It turned out that she had hurled all over my buddy's seat. The companion of the girl who hurled gave my buddy his coat to sit on.

Did I mention this was an 11:00 game? And no, I did not offer to switch seats with him.
lol in the Wisconsin game in 2018 some Iowa fan was with her boyfriend about 10 minutes into the game she puked all over the row in front of us and passed out. The smell was awful and it lingered all game. That’s one of the many reasons I do not drink.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I just feel it’s the rivalry. I haven’t been to a game in Ames is probably a decade. Iowa fans are obnoxious, and ISU fans are obnoxious. And I really feel it is only this rivalry that has that happen between Iowa and other teams because ISU fans are really the only fans of teams that complain about Iowa. Other teams fans come to message boards or post on social media that Iowa fans were awesome and really nice outside of PSU because no one wants to be nice to them.
I have not heard that at all. I have heard fans of other big 10 schools complain about Iowa fans - especially Iowa wrestling fans.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
I have not heard that at all. I have heard fans of other big 10 schools complain about Iowa fans - especially Iowa wrestling fans.
What schools? I get PSU because Pedos, and probably Wisconsin because they have awful fans so they receive similar treatment as we get up there.