The Fran fade

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa State had a really good class and Prohm nailed the transfer season. Prohm can actually recruit so I would expect another good class in 2021. It's not hard to see that things are going to improve significantly.
Iowa will lose J-Bo, Garza, Connor, and most likely JW. They will not be middle of the pack of the Big 10 lol. They were damn near in the middle last year.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Maybe it's already been said but the 5 white guy lineup for a school dealing with a huge racial issue in their athletic department isn't gonna be a great look

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Iowa will lose J-Bo, Garza, Connor, and most likely JW. They will not be middle of the pack of the Big 10 lol. They were damn near in the middle last year.

Connor will be back for what that's worth. He isn't going to have Garza to feed a bounce pass to. I agree though, if JW can not suck like he did at the back end of the season he will probably be gone.

Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Connor will be back for what that's worth. He isn't going to have Garza to feed a bounce pass to. I agree though, if JW can not suck like he did at the back end of the season he will probably be gone.
Unless JW absolutely sucks, he's most likely gone.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Still reverting back to the pro argument which has nothing to do with college basketball.

This is hard for you, apparently.

I forgot is there an "N" in Iowa or did I hear that right about a heavily recruited player by Iowa choosing a similarly spelled city like Iowa? Ask for a friend...

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Iowa State had a really good class and Prohm nailed the transfer season. Prohm can actually recruit so I would expect another good class in 2021. It's not hard to see that things are going to improve significantly.

I'm sorry, but the irony of this post on the heels of ripping Iowa fans for their unchecked optimism is too great not to point out.

Reactions: TrianglePlace

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm sorry, but the irony of this post on the heels of ripping Iowa fans for their unchecked optimism is too great not to point out.
I think saying we're going to be a good basketball team again is different than saying Iowa is going to be the best team in the Big 10 and go to the Final 4.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think saying we're going to be a good basketball team again is different than saying Iowa is going to be the best team in the Big 10 and go to the Final 4.

Is it though? Iowa returns literally their entire lineup, including a guy that is undoubtedly the favorite for NPOY, from a team that was pretty solid last year. Vegas would seem to agree they are a Top 10 team and Top 3-4 in the Big 10. So what is outlandish about that?

If you're asking me Illinois and Michigan State are better. But Iowa should hang in that top 15 all year if everyone's healthy.

Honestly, thinking we are going to turn around our program based on 4 guys we've never seen play and some transfers is more outlandish than what they are saying. By way of reminder, we had 12 wins last year, and lost our best player.

• Disagree

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Is it though? Iowa returns literally there entire lineup, including a guy that is undoubtedly the favorite for NPOY, from a team that was pretty solid last year? Vegas would seem to agree they are a Top 10 team and Top 3-4 in the Big 10. So what is outlandish about that?

If you're asking me Illinois and Michigan State are better. But Iowa should hang in that top 15 all year if everyone's healthy.

Honestly, thinking we are going to turn around our program based on 4 guys we've never seen play and some transfers is more outlandish than what they are saying.... By way of reminder, we had 12 wins last year, and lost our best player.
I don't think he was stating Iowa State is going to be anything special next year.. He was talking about the following year in which Iowa will lose a lot and Iowa State will lose essentially no one. That's why he was saying Iowa's stock will be down, while ISU's will be trending up.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I don't think he was stating Iowa State is going to be anything special next year.. He was talking about the following year in which Iowa will lose a lot and Iowa State will lose essentially no one. That's why he was saying Iowa's stock will be down, while ISU's will be trending up.

Which is exactly the irony I was talking about. Acting like Iowa has misplaced optimism when we think 4 freshmen we've never seen play are going to save our problem.

So our outlook 2 years from now is maybe better than theirs. Ok...? The reason for that is because they have a good team now, and we've been absolutely horrible 2 out of the last 3 years. Is that something to brag about?

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020

Prohm nailed the transfer season, according to ISU fans and nobody else.

ISU might make the NIT this year and then will be back on the NCAA bubble when Bolton is a senior.

• Disagree

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020

Wieskamp, Connor, Fredrick, Toussaint, Patrick and Nunge is a decent group to start with for 21-22.

ISU fans are optimistic for Tre Jackson's future and Toussaint was much better than him last season.

• Haha

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Wisconsin is sort of getting disrespected by some considering they lost essentially no one and won a share of the Big 10 title last year.

Think I'd go

Illinois
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Iowa
Michigan

The loss of Xavier Tillman really hurts Michigan State but Rocket Watts, Aaron Henry, and Joey Hauser is a really nice backcourt core. They'll need one or multiple of their young frontcourt pieces to step up.

Barttorvik actually has Iowa 8th in the Big Ten primarily because of their defensive projections.

You're right though, Wisconsin won a share of the Big Ten last year and returns everyone of relevance. They "deserve" to be the preseason pick to win it for what preseason picks matter.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Is it though? Iowa returns literally their entire lineup, including a guy that is undoubtedly the favorite for NPOY, from a team that was pretty solid last year. Vegas would seem to agree they are a Top 10 team and Top 3-4 in the Big 10. So what is outlandish about that?

Honestly, thinking we are going to turn around our program based on 4 guys we've never seen play and some transfers is more outlandish than what they are saying. By way of reminder, we had 12 wins last year, and lost our best player.

I think MSU is at 4 in the conference with Tillman staying in the draft.

Help Support Us

Become a patron